advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

Bern overdosed with great recco’s, thanks maccar,
love that collaboration, heard numerous versions of “she moved through the fair” ,
by far this is the best, production is perfect with musicians complimenting the diversity of culture,
not being too indulgent to their and overpowering the other, very nice.:cool:

Don’t know if you heard of Dadawa?, one hit wonder but that one hit stayed with me all these years,
“Sister drum” is both the title track and most accessible to the west,
it’s sung in Mandarin Chinese in her grief to her departed sister, hope you like it.

Coincidentally, it's the featured album on The Folk Show on Ultimate Radio tonight... A show I highly recommend, on for 2 hours every Sunday from 8.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Released earlier this month, so getting some well-deserved promotion. Thanks for the radio link - I heard the track on Tim Walker's Radio Lincolnshire folk show, Sundays 7-10pm, where air time is given to good local artists as well as the nationals.

Released earlier this month, so getting some well-deserved promotion. Thanks for the radio link - I heard the track on Tim Walker's Radio Lincolnshire folk show, Sundays 7-10pm, where air time is given to good local artists as well as the nationals.

Sorry, that's the link to my blog
Here's link for Ultimate www.ultimateradio.co.uk The Folk show is available on Mixcloud too
I'll check out the Lincolnshire station.

That’s lovely, lovely tone in her voice and her control is exemplary.

edit: mac, thanks for that, I googled her and found she’s coming to the Dandelion Festival in Kelvingrove Park on the 18th June, I think that’ll be a open mic thing in the band stand with host of other artist, but she’s got a gig on the 23rd in Cottiers Theatre in Hyndland, that is a old church venue with restaurant, I’ll be there.:cool:

That’s lovely, lovely tone in her voice and her control is exemplary.

edit: mac, thanks for that, I googled her and found she’s coming to the Dandelion Festival in Kelvingrove Park on the 18th June, I think that’ll be a open mic thing in the band stand with host of other artist, but she’s got a gig on the 23rd in Cottiers Theatre in Hyndland, that is a old church venue with restaurant, I’ll be there.:cool:

That's brilliant, you lucky thing, be sure to let me know what you think.

maccar - I get all sorts of alarming warnings from Bitdefender when clicking your link. Might want to check if there's something strange going on?

c1yCN01l.png

ObeAelyl.png

Great cover, isn't strange you should post this version as it's a Bush song,
i channelled surfed last night and came across a Kate Bush documetary,
all her albums and hits rated up to Aeriel, it was good.

advertisement

Back