advertisement

Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee Thread

Screenshot-20220602-203324-Facebook.jpg

Caption competition . . .

This is so unfair grandma

lol. Millions of other people cannot wait for the day when this dysfunctional family of benefit scroungers are consigned to history where, in my opinion, they belong.
I wonder what the percentage is between those who support the Monarchy, as I do, and those that don’t? Also don’t forget you live in a Monarchy, Russia was once and that’s ended well.

I wonder what the percentage is between those who support the Monarchy, as I do, and those that don’t? Also don’t forget you live in a Monarchy, Russia was once and that’s ended well.
Many, many millions don't want the monarchy. But by most measures, the majority do. So what?

I do think it’s a generational thing. Our two daughters are very strongly republican, and have absolutely no time at all for the monarchy. I can’t see a Charles/Camilla rule enhancing the popularity of the monarchy amongst younger folk.

Funny those not interested in it keep rabbiting

Well the majority wins then
I'm very interested in the monarchy. Because I believe it to be ultimately malign and that it contributes to the appalling class system and deferential culture we have in Britain. And hopefully, eventually, the majority will share my view if people like me continue to "rabbit".

Lol! Windsor has been heaving with people all day celebrating and it's been youngsters in the majority. Incredible crowds everywhere. massive numbers of flags, bunting etc too

Good grief, just so much cringe! I lived there for about 10 months at the start of my IT contracting/consulting days, only about 15-20 minutes walk away from the huge castle thing. I didn’t dislike the place, it had a couple of pretty cheesy nightclubs which were fun and a few decent pubs too. An odd place. A remarkably bizarre juxtaposition as my previous address had been in Kensington…. the Liverpool one, which is an utter shitheap.

France seems to be doing OK . . .

Not much point quantifying who is for or against the monarchy, feudal systems don't take this into account. Mind you if we held a referendum the plebs would no doubt sign up for it and I'd have to put up and shut up!

I think most people (myself included) have a huge respect for the Queen, her work and what she has done.
But many (myself included) have become disillusioned with her descendants, and rightly so.
I suspect there may be big changes when she passes.

I think most people (myself included) have a huge respect for the Queen, her work and what she has done.
But many (myself included) have become disillusioned with her descendants, and rightly so.
I suspect there may be big changes when she passes.
Agreed. It will be a strange world without her.

Countries seem to like a head of state. I prefer the malfunctioning,impotent royalty to something that is decided by chaps behind closed doors. It’s all imperfect, just choose the least damaging option rather than something you wish for.

Are you proposing the reign of Nicolas II and his predecessors as exemplars of how a monarchy should be?

May be wrong, but I read it as “the only thing stopping the UK from turning commie is the monarchy”.

Then I did this.

0-A6-A28-EC-3026-4729-9-A51-D1-A0434-B134-C.gif

It was lovely yesterday to see all my neighbours having a good time together.
Next week they will be back to slagging each other on the neighborhood WhatsApp group

Er, WW1?

.,.. and the Crusades

advertisement

Back