advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

"As numbers outside the stadium continued to build up after kick-off, the police dispersed them with tear gas and forced them away from the stadium."

They did get ambushed and robbed on the way home it seems. The police don't seem to have been bothered about that.

I think it's probably the reputation of English fans after the Wembley disgrace last summer that's been the catalyst here.

FM massive punch up at St Pancras, returning Sousers anx inbound Forest.

Forest fans at KingsX being particularly obnoxious and antisocial. Huddersfield fans in the pub being nice and friendly and chatty. Let's hope Huddersfield win.

Forest, L'Pool and Arse have one thing in common

The tribalism of the game is impacting on the comments here. There just needs to be a proper investigation: how many official tickets were sold, how many fans tried to gain access, did the police behave appropriately, and were safety precautions properly applied? When those questions are answered, then opinions are valid. On this, the anniversary of Heysel, we need to be a little more considered.

Loads of fans denied entry with official tickets, Andy R stated on Sky his mates couldn't get in with tickets direct from LFC. Funnelling 20000 fans through a 2m gap one at a time...parents lifting their kids onto walls/ shoulders to try to avoid the crush...when The Mail and Torygraph are defending Liverpool fans you know there were serious problems outside the ground.
People with crappy agendas need to give it a rest, the condemnation of police and UEFA seems universal from the media thus far.

In summary:

Liverpool FC, Spirit of Shankley and every single Scouse pundit have blamed UEFA, Stade de France and the Police on anecdotal evidence, but no mention of the thousands of fans who deliberately bought fake tickets or jumped over the perimeter gates.

Reports and videos on social media of Liverpool fans fighting amongst themselves, pickpocketing each other's tickets and bragging of gaining false entry.

UEFA said,
"In the lead-up to the game, the turnstiles at the Liverpool end became blocked by thousands of fans who had purchased fake tickets which did not work in the turnstiles," it explained.

"This created a build-up of fans trying to get in. As a result, the kick-off was delayed by 35 minutes to allow as many fans as possible with genuine tickets to gain access.

"As numbers outside the stadium continued to build up after kick-off, the police dispersed them with tear gas and forced them away from the stadium."
Sorry, are you saying Liverpool fans are not Latter Day Saints?

It’s always somebody else’s fault;)

I have little sympathy, sorry, really pleased that no one was hurt but none of this would have happened without fake ticket holders trying to game the system. This is not unique to Liverpool but endemic in the grand tradition of British fans abroad.

Out of interest did the RM fans adopt similar behaviours?

Thoroughly looking forward to the Championship playoff today, have enjoyed watching Huddersfield and Forest this season and i hope the final is a credit to both teams.

I'm not - we were better than the pair of them, just too little depth in the squad with the 'sustainable budget'. Hate the Forest scabs though.

I’m starting to get a little nervous about the Championship Play Off final. I obviously want us to beat Forest but am ambivalent about the prize on offer.

My son has gone to Wembley with a few friends (obviously I have ended up paying) just hope he has a good day.

Whichever teams wins I hope it is on the back of a worthy performance, next season will be a big struggle for whoever wins.

Nice to see one of our loanee players, Harratt, score yesterday for Port Vale; I think he has a very bright future & look forward to seeing him in a Town shirt next year.

advertisement

Back