advertisement

Munich show 2022

New Project RPM12 Direct Drive £6k , Signature 12

283889161_2355064301299188_2488298441752951351_n.jpg

c3-c-4b05-9461-b2f9f7697739-scaled-jpeg.76252

I dunno if Micro Seiki still exists or anyone claims its rights, but Project deserves to be properly skinned for this plagiarism.

On a lighter note, was Silbatone present there and what Western Electric goodies they presented this year for poors like us?

Allegedly really good too. I’d like to hear a pair some time.
Seen quite a few positive comments, fancy a pair to go in the office but they’re a bit too spendy, had those upside down ones 70? in my first digs after leaving home about 40 years ago, paired with a Sansui receiver.

Seen quite a few positive comments, fancy a pair to go in the office but they’re a bit too spendy, had those upside down ones 70? in my first digs after leaving home about 40 years ago, paired with a Sansui receiver.

If they had a white face they’d have been 700s or maybe 727s. A friend had the original 700s with a wood plinth Planar 2 and an A60. A superb system.

The Alsyvox speakers were my top pick, closely followed by the Estelon speakers driven by MSB DAC and amps. The Voxativ system sounded superb as did both the rooms with Marten speakers.

The Alsyvox speakers were my top pick, closely followed by the Estelon speakers driven by MSB DAC and amps. The Voxativ system sounded superb as did both the rooms with Marten speakers.

This is the next big thing, if not already there - dynamic handling of horns married with transparency of ribbons/panels.s s

Sounds exciting, though I purchased a pair of Beyma TL-150H many years ago and never got myself to do something out of them. Blimey!

Did you know Alsyvox before or this was your first encounter?

I’ve been a fan of planars for a long time so have been aware of Alsyvox since they first appeared. I’ve heard them a couple of times previously, although this new Raphael model is probably the best one. The pricing is just outrageous though . . .

Funny you should mention the TPL 150s, I’m looking for a pair ;)

Most of the pics that I've seen are of increasingly vulgar objects designed to appeal to plutocrats.

Most of the videos I've seen are of setups playing the same tired music that only appeal to audiophiles and not to the normal music lover.

Most depressing indeed.

Unfortunately they used the pictured tube amp when visiting Fyne demo, rather disappointing performance.

Most of the pics that I've seen are of increasingly vulgar objects designed to appeal to plutocrats.

Most of the videos I've seen are of setups playing the same tired music that only appeal to audiophiles and not to the normal music lover.

Most depressing indeed.

Yes the music chosen is very depressing and has been so for many years. Because of Qobuz etc there is , however, a new trend in some rooms for the visitor to choose the music. I chose some classical piano music in the Grimm room , confirming , as on previous occasions, that this speaker is miles ahead of anything else .

I dunno if Micro Seiki still exists or anyone claims its rights, but Project deserves to be properly skinned for this plagiarism.

On a lighter note, was Silbatone present there and what Western Electric goodies they presented this year for poors like us?

Agreed on the Pro-Ject - I was a bit gobsmacked by that, too.

As to WE/Silbatone, they weren't there. This sadly reduced the amusement and wow factor of the show but, on the plus side, it meant the average sound quality of the show took a big step up!

I loved the years when Schröder and Schick were in duty as discjockeys.
The WE stuff was exiting and those Silbatones great playing / looking kit.
Nice guys, always beer ready.

I thought I was an audiophile until I went to the Munich show, afterwards I was not sure.
After watching the vid above, or rather flicking through it, I realise I cannot be an audiophile. If I was an audiophile surely I wouldn't find this stuff so utterly boring.

The twerps demonstrating these systems need to wake up to the the fact that playing really simple music consisting of one instrument and a voice or something even more sparse isn’t fooling anyone. They need to play something complex that is going to present more of a challenge to the system. A few rooms did this and even accepted requests, but the majority play it safe with the plinky plonky garbage.

advertisement

Back