advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before we get embroiled in the report can we all use her correct surname.
It is Gray.
It was bad enough when half the forum couldn’t get Osborne correct but getting Gray wrong is unforgivable.

The Gray Report has been delivered to No.10.
Is that the squeak of black marker pens I can hear..?
He’ll be flip charting it to death with the No.10 lie machine and old mates at the DM, Telegraph and Sun -working out what way to spin it and pass the blame to the civil servants .

Chris Mason now doing Laura's job of reducing expectation on the BBC website. :rolleyes:
More information is starting to come through, but this time on the prime minister's upcoming statement to MPs.

He is expected to say: “I commissioned this report to set the record straight and allow us all to move on.

"I accept full responsibility for my failings. I am humbled by the whole experience.

"We have learned our lesson.”

I’m also told by a No10 source that one line in the report from Sue Gray is that she is “pleased progress is being made in addressing the issues I raised”.

Clearly we are yet to read the report for ourselves and to see her conclusions in the round.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...RMANENT_SECRETARY_INTO_ALLEGED_GATHERINGS.pdf

Of course they knew they were breaking the law and took measures to avoid attention

“Lee Cain, the then No 10 Director of Communications (a special adviser), also received the invitation. In response, he emailed Martin Reynolds, No 10 official (1), and Dominic Cummings at 14.35 on 20 May 2020 stating: Im sure it ill be fine - and I applaud the gesture - but a 200 odd person invitation for drinks in the garden of no 10 is somewhat of a comms risk in the current environment”.

“Just to flag that the press conference will probably be finishing around that time, so helpful if people can be mindful of that as speakers and cameras are leaving, not walking around waving bottles of ine etc. Martin Reynolds replied Will do my best!”.

Another day to so of Johnson saving his arse instead of running the country. Despair doesn’t get close to how I feel.

According to Gray report, people at these ‘work do’s” were throwing up and fighting! Happens all the time at work related meetings eh?

Gray has not investigated the most serious breach of Covid rules, the party in the PM’s flat. The reason being that because the Police did not investigate, it would not be ‘proportionate’ for Sue Gray herself to do so.

Madness

Johnson has so far spoken about ‘putting an arm around people’ three or four times, and spoken about the UK having a ‘high wage’ economy at least four times. Does anyone believe him? What basis is there for claiming the UK has a high wage economy?

Johnson has so far spoken about ‘putting an arm around people’ three or four times, and spoken about the UK having a ‘high wage’ economy at least four times. Does anyone believe him? What basis is there for claiming the UK has a high wage economy?
Rishi Sunak?

There is no evidence of a high wage economy, especially at the bottom of the end of the labour market. Johnson sees 'high wage' as an aspiration, with no plan or actions to get there. Action speaks louder than words. If Johnson believed in higher wages, he would mandate the Real Living Wage now and have it reviewed regularly during this time of high inflation.

The Sun’s deputy political editor was at one or more parties (Twitter).

While his mates at The Sun were revelling like pigs in shit, pointing at everyone else. Just like convicted criminal and Murdoch goon, Andy Coulson’s time as director of communications in Downing St-a worryingly corrupt relationship between Murdoch and the Tories.
Of course the street with the largest number of offences is missing from their “heat map”-

“FLOUT & ABOUT
Coronavirus lockdown breakers revealed in UK heat map – find out if YOUR neighbours are staying at home”.

….”Those who keep disobeying can be arrested and locked up”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back