advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impulse! – B0033795-01. LP, Remastered, 2022. Ryan Smith has done a mighty fine job here. The record came dirty with finger prints from the packing process! Slightly early birthday present for me :)

NjItOTY5NC5qcGVn.jpeg
I picked up my copy on Sunday from Honest Jon’s Records and I’m just giving it a spin now.
I love that Ellington used the version of Limbo Jazz where Sam Woodward on Drums is singing along unaware that it is being recorded.
Really great Sound quality on this so far as well.

I picked up my copy on Sunday from Honest Jon’s Records and I’m just giving it a spin now.
I love that Ellington used the version of Limbo Jazz where Sam Woodward on Drums is singing along unaware that it is being recorded.
Really great Sound quality on this so far as well.

It's really good. Looking forward to the Haynes in particular but I'll probably take the Ella and Louiss too.

albert-ayler-revelations_14cca3e0-d9d5-4a95-b4d5-af42ca70df5d.jpg

Vinyl, 5xLP’s Vinyl Box Set. RSD 2002 release.
Starting to work my way through this box set now. I managed to finally get a sealed new copy of this post the limited RSD release and at a very good price seeing how much these are now going for on Discogs. Vinyl is Mastered by Kevin Gray.

albert-ayler-revelations_14cca3e0-d9d5-4a95-b4d5-af42ca70df5d.jpg

Vinyl, 5xLP’s Vinyl Box Set. RSD 2002 release.
Starting to work my way through this box set now. I managed to finally get a sealed new copy of this post the limited RSD release and at a very good price seeing how much these are now going for on Discogs. Vinyl is Mastered by Kevin Gray.

Very nice! I guess I'll pick up the CD at some point :)

Very nice! I guess I'll pick up the CD at some point :)
Paul,
Honest Jon’s still has the vinyl at £150 and I think he said he had 4 copies left after I bought one. There was some confusion at first as Harv the guy selling that day thought they had to be held till the next RSD and he couldn’t sell it to me. When I said it was released on the last one he phone the boss and they did sell me one. They have the CD box for £50 at the moment.

He did also give me a small discount as wellI bought some other records.

Paul,
Honest Jon’s still has the vinyl at £150 and I think he said he had 4 copies left after I bought one. There was some confusion at first as Harv the guy selling that day thought they had to be held till the next RSD and he couldn’t sell it to me. When I said it was released on the last one he phone the boss and they did sell me one. They have the CD box for £50 at the moment.

He did also give me a small discount as wellI bought some other records.

Thanks for the tip Jim but it's not availability that's the issue in my case ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back