advertisement

Recommend me a decent wifi printer with cheap replacement cartridges?

JezmondTutu

pfm Member
I’ve one of the Canon MG5750 which was recommended on her a few years ago. But shopping for one for my father in law and want to ensure I can order decent non-branded replacements from Inkredible efc?

Sorry, can't help as I haven't bought a printer for years. One recommendation I would make though. NEVER listen to the warnings your printer gives about having to replace cartridges/toner. Both my printers have been giving me that warning for months, and they still haven't run out!

Are some unbranded cartridges better than others? All the unbranded ink I've bought on Amazon for my HP Deskjet has been hopeless. As has about half the HP branded ink (makes me wonder if it's actually real HP ink...)

non branded inks really clogged up my previous HP LaserJet.

My newer LaserJet has been calling for black ink cartridge for about 4 months and is still printing without any sign of fading etc....

non branded inks really clogged up my previous HP LaserJet.

My newer LaserJet has been calling for black ink cartridge for about 4 months and is still printing without any sign of fading etc....

That’s interesting! I’d say when my Canon says the ink is empty it definitely is because you can see it

If going inkjet get the newer ink-tank style. No cartridges and massively more frugal.
I have an Epson L405 WiFi model, about 4 or 5 years old now and still good. Obviously a different model number equivalent now but recommended.

We have an Epson Ecotank ET-2750

One bottle of black ink about £10 is good for 8000 copies depending on coverage.
The colour ink bottles are a similar price.

Epson recommend you use it regularly or the ink jets can block up. There is a head cleaning routine which solves any problems.

Our printer has done around 23,000 copies. image quality is good. I'd have another one if this one died.
We have two computers connected to it, one by cable and one by Wifi, both work well.

Andy

Are some unbranded cartridges better than others? All the unbranded ink I've bought on Amazon for my HP Deskjet has been hopeless. As has about half the HP branded ink (makes me wonder if it's actually real HP ink...)
i gave up using non branded cartridges . Both my printers ( hp) have lasted several years with decent branded ink and good quality . I rely on them a lot so i just pay the extra

Another, go laser. No comparison.

Stress free and cheap printing for years and years.

My Brother laser does 500 prints a day approx, and is still going strong after eight years. Aftermarket toners are cheap and never caused any problems.

AND NO CLOGGED JETS.

i gave up using non branded cartridges . Both my printers ( hp) have lasted several years with decent branded ink and good quality . I rely on them a lot so i just pay the extra

I've been only buying HP after having some hopeless unbranded carts. But about half the HP carts I buy from Amazon get sent back because they run out after printing a few dozen pages (hence my wondering if they're actually real HP...).

When this printer gives up the ghost I think I will just get a cheap laser printer!

I bought a HP Never Stop 1001NM last year and it has been trouble free. Laser, monochrome. Fast and no jets to block. It's USP is that you fill it from a big syringe and it should be cheap to run. Still using the toner that came with it a year on.

I got mine used on Amazon for £106 but they seem to have gone up in price.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
You could have some fun with that toner syringe pump the heating vents of someone’s car full.

Pete

advertisement

Back