advertisement

Naim Nait 3 or Linn Majik? or...?

JUst talking about this the other day with a friend, asked about an inexpensive integrated for a 2nd system and the Majik came up -a real workhorse, well built & sounds great fro what it is, and comes with a MM/MC option- but their all getting quite old now and we never liked the cheap look of the newer Naits, although the 1 & 2 were classics. ...But then we wondered how the new Regas -io & Brio?- would stack up as one would get 20 trouble free years out of a new unit compared to the classic Majiks/Naits which may already need recapping/servicing to some degree to consider, and the costs associated with that in addition to the purchase price. But would love to A/B/C/D all of them together.

Try an IO if possible, its really good in the right setup.

Why? He started it, thought that was what he wanted. Wouldn’t have replied otherwise, nothing else to offer.
Well you have your experience to share, which is perfectly fine! I, on the other hand, have nothing to suggest with JPW speakers…

So… @Fergus I bagged an A60 (and matching tuner) for what looks like a decent £
Is a late one with the alps pots, pre/out and phono rcas.
Looking forward to giving it a whirl once connected. I’ll take a view then about a recap / service at some point.
Thanks all for the views and hep.
As I had mentioned I was hoping to receive my A60 back from ARS this week and it arrived yesterday. It has replaced the Nait 3 in my system and is sounding very nice indeed. The A60 has a very different sound to the Naim, which does “it’s thing” very well but I can say that I am enjoying the A60’s bigger, fuller more open sound more. Early days though.

One thing I did not figure on was the A60’s width of 450mm whereas the Naim is 430mm but my cabinet is only 440mm! Can’t have everything I suppose.

I’ll have to think where I’m going to put my turntable now.

Hope you’ve received and are enjoying yours. Cheers

looking good @Fergus and I'm glad it's sounding fabulous too

I collect mine on Friday so I'll be having a little listen over the weekend
Tricky to know whether it'll need a recap etc but I'm very sure it would do no harm so I might plan for that too

advertisement

Back