advertisement

Munich show 2022

As mentioned in the other place, I’m here but I haven’t heard many rooms yet on account of my flight being delayed by 2 hours, having to attend some press launches and the bars being open and serving beer.

That said, the standout of the show for me so far is the new Mission 770s. Absolutely superb.

Best sound of the show for me : Grimm LS1be . The Wilson Chronosonic sounded very good in the Nagra room as they were playing classical music at reasonable volume. Worst sound : the various B&W D4 series speakers , I was deeply shocked how metallic they sounded in various rooms.

Yes the Fyne speakers are definitely a step up from the Tannoy Legacy models in terms of quality of finish. Prices are very high though. Be prepared for the shock.

Best one for me was the Oswald Mills speakers. Just loved the sound. Think they are 5-way but the size is relatively small enough to fit in a large sitting room.
The Nagra room with the Wilsons was indeed excellent as was the Einsteins but you would need a castle sized function room for them to work.

The Oswald Mills turntable was 350K euro to 450K euro :D The designer Jonathon whatever his surname is, was a very confident fella. Entertaining to listen to and all the vinyl he played was absolutely excellent. I would think the best of the best available whatever that is.

I found myself thinking speakers for 10-15k sounded really good and were a bargain. This was how much my mind got warped by 100k-250k speakers in various rooms!

First visit and with a group of friends it was really very relaxed and enjoyable. Really nicely spaced out nothing like the packed hordes at Scalford :)

Oswald Mills for me if I win the euromillions jackpot.

Mmm will have to compare the new fyne with my eaton legacy , i am quite happy with finish . Look forward to hearing them and we have a local dealer here

Yes the Fyne speakers are definitely a step up from the Tannoy Legacy models in terms of quality of finish. Prices are very high though. Be prepared for the shock.

Best one for me was the Oswald Mills speakers. Just loved the sound. Think they are 5-way but the size is relatively small enough to fit in a large sitting room.
The Nagra room with the Wilsons was indeed excellent as was the Einsteins but you would need a castle sized function room for them to work.

The Oswald Mills turntable was 350K euro to 450K euro :D The designer Jonathon whatever his surname is, was a very confident fella. Entertaining to listen to and all the vinyl he played was absolutely excellent. I would think the best of the best available whatever that is.

I found myself thinking speakers for 10-15k sounded really good and were a bargain. This was how much my mind got warped by 100k-250k speakers in various rooms!

First visit and with a group of friends it was really very relaxed and enjoyable. Really nicely spaced out nothing like the packed hordes at Scalford :)

Oswald Mills for me if I win the euromillions jackpot.

Jonathan Weiss. He's by now very experienced with the shows, it's nearly 20 years of presenting his limited range of products. Everyone would learn by now how to get the best out of them in any conditions. That said, I like the look of his stuff - never had a chance to hear it. Our US Russian horn friend hates him to the max.

advertisement

Back