advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he was in the Commons today and spoke. He was in his 50s when he spoke.
He’ll have lots of free time now to write his “How to cook an economical yet tasty and nutritious meal for 30p- secrets of the Dessert* Storm Army Catering Corps”
*your first choice may not always be affordable.

Tony Connelly nails it nicely in this article. https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0517/1299586-protocol-analysis-tony-connelly/

I have come to the conclusion that Blojo and the Tories are not facilitating the Dups and other unionists. A United Ireland will be on them and I think behind it all the UK elite will see this as a failure and loss of UK territory. Empire shrinking etc. So the instinct is to obfuscate. A bit like Putin's behaviour their actions might have unintended consequences. In this case bring the re-unification of Ireland forward in a much shorter timeframe.

Maybe I have got it wrong. This is Fintan's latest take on it. If correct the poor unionist Farmers in NI will not be too happy.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/...col-reveals-what-is-really-going-on-1.4879955

Last edited:
Reactions: PsB
So the NIP is now considered a "disaster" by the Foreign secretary.
Does make you wonder why Boris signed up for it.
He has a notorious disinterest in the detail which is a very bad sign in a minister never mind a prime minister. The draughts would have come back to him repeatedly for comment. Did he annotate the margin with ‘wot evs ’ or claim that Larry the cat had diarrhoea in his dispatch box?

No.

Not so.

Nobody thinks that.

It is because of Brexiteers.

Key difference.

Timothy 6:10: "For the Brexiteer is the root of all evil."

Thus sayeth the Lord, etc.

Brexit is because of the tory party.

If not for those who helped the tories to form a govt 4 times in a row there would never have been a referendum, we would not have left the EU and there would be no brexiteers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you bought into all the anti-Labour bullshit.

I don't remember the US leaving the EU in the past 5 years, but inflation here is currently around 8% also. Much as I am dismayed by the Brexit self-harm I think the current bout of inflation is worldwide.

Yes it largely is but the UK's outperformance - the UK has a far bigger inflation problem than the Eurozone - is being put down to Brexit. In many ways, Brexit is the new austerity.

Yes it largely is but the UK's outperformance - the UK has a far bigger inflation problem than the Eurozone - is being put down to Brexit. In many ways, Brexit is the new austerity.
And of course once they start the trade war with Europe, they can blame the whole cost of living crisis/failure to ‘level up’ on those nasty Europeans who’ve been out to punish us for daring to stand up to them.

And of course once they start the trade war with Europe, they can blame the whole cost of living crisis/failure to ‘level up’ on those nasty Europeans who’ve been out to punish us for daring to stand up to them.

Didn't Frost, or was it Hannan, recently say that the UK signed the NIP under duress? They made us do it!

Didn't Frost, or was it Hannan, recently say that the UK signed the NIP under duress? They made us do it!
You only have to go back to the Tory euphoria of Johnson landing the deal, Christmas Eve 2020:

“A British Royal Air Force brought the documents to Johnson for him to sign”.
One journalist perspicaciously asked Johnson “did you read it?”, “of course I did”.

Bill Cash lavishes praise on the PM in Parliament:

“It’s the PM who against all the odds led us out of parliamentary paralysis last year to victory, delivering us from 48 years of subjugation to EU laws and European court jurisdiction and regaining our sovereignty.

“Our PM, like his hero Pericles, is the first citizen of this country, and like him has saved our democracy. Like Alexander the Great, Boris has cut the Gordian knot.

“Churchill and Margaret Thatcher would have been deeply proud of his achievements, and so are we!”

…..so how come 18 months later, all that’s turned into “we was diddled”?

^ because we now live in a post-fact world. There are no truths or lies. News or fake news ? It makes everything so much easier when you can bend reality.
Boris in Wonderland.

Brexit is because of the tory party.

Brexit is due to its enablers and apologists such as yourself who were either too dumb or too cowardly to stand and fight this far-right funded and promoted project on core anti-fascist principles. That you destroyed your weak, conflicted and ineffectual Labour Party at the same time is admittedly highly amusing, though has sadly led us to where we are right now suffering everything Brexit promised, and with no opposition capable of reversing this nation out of its all too predictable descent further downwards into an elite right-wing low-tax low-wage low human-rights kleptocracy.

You only have to go back to the Tory euphoria of Johnson landing the deal, Christmas Eve 2020:

One journalist perspicaciously asked Johnson “did you read it?”, “of course I did”.

“It’s the PM who against all the odds led us out of parliamentary paralysis last year to victory, delivering us from 48 years of subjugation to EU laws and European court jurisdiction and regaining our sovereignty.

“Our PM, like his hero Pericles, is the first citizen of this country, and like him has saved our democracy. Like Alexander the Great, Boris has cut the Gordian knot.

“Churchill and Margaret Thatcher would have been deeply proud of his achievements, and so are we!”

Perfidious Albion par excellence.

Why wasn’t the document digitally signed?, at least that would have showed some understanding of the way the world is going.

Brexit was embraced by both Labour and the Tories, two bald men fighting over the same comb, each trotting off with their broken half.
Who could ever forget the sight of Cameron and Corbyn striding purposefully into the same division lobby, triggering Article 50 without pausing for breath? Or indeed Starmer four years later-

“Keir Starmer will whip Labour MPs to support Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal when it comes to parliament next week, he has announced, in a move likely to provoke a rebellion by pro-EU backbenchers”.

It was embraced by both because it was all about chasing the nativist vote in the shires that both knew they had to keep from each other and from Nigel Farage in order to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back