advertisement

Another Tory scandal

Well, I know who Twitter thinks it is (just look at what’s trending!).

PS Obviously don’t post the name here. It is potentially libellous and Elon Musk has rather more money for this kind of thing than I do.

If it's who Twitter thinks it is it's not the first time the police have taken an interest in him

If it's who Twitter thinks it is it's not the first time the police have taken an interest in him
Yes, a Tory MP and 'ex-minister' was arrested in August 2020, at which time the Met said "These offences are alleged to have occurred at addresses in Westminster, Lambeth and Hackney between July 2019 and January 2020."

If this is the same MP, it is somewhat worrying that the BBC are reporting that this was reported before that earlier arrest: "In January 2020, the Met received a report relating to alleged sexual offences having been committed between 2002 and 2009."

And, besides, why has it taken until now for the Met to act on a report from January 2020? Maybe someone should ask Cressida Dick, who left office a month ago? Is the police tardiness in any way a reaction to the criticism they received over Operation Midland?

Last edited:
Starmer should open his questions with the famous Harry Challenor quote- “it’s like trying to swim against a tide of sewage”. The sleaze that brought down the Major government is a pale frilly imitation of what’s going on now.

I wonder who next week’s Tory sex offender will be. Maybe we should have a sweepstake.

"The leader of the House of Commons, Mark Spencer, said last week that his party was committed to selecting higher quality candidates at the next general election".

"The leader of the House of Commons, Mark Spencer, said last week that his party was committed to selecting higher quality candidates at the next general election".

Didn't Boris get rid of all of the 'higher quality' candidates?

Titter ye not as Franky Howard would have said-
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...spicion-of-rape-bailed?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
“Details of the MP’s arrest emerged during what the government had hoped would be “crime week”, with announcements on toughening up policing. The prime minister told his cabinet on Tuesday morning: “Crime, crime, crime is what we want to focus on.”

….never a truer word spoken by Johnson.

advertisement

Back