advertisement

New Naim 372 and 250 at Munich

I really hope Naim do release a 372, not because I want one, just because it might stop the incessant whining from people who want one :D

ah, do I see a fellow “regular” from “over there”? :D:D:D

If so, heartily agree!

Whatever it is "two new audio solutions" from Naim/Focal, they are pretty good at keeping things confidential near release date.

When Solstice project was about to be released, pictures were out a week or so before deadline.
I thought those pics were aprils fool - posting them here - but Naim managed to convince PFM moderation to pull them.

Whatever it is "two new audio solutions" from Naim/Focal, they are pretty good at keeping things confidential near release date.

When Solstice project was about to be released, pictures were out a week or so before deadline.
I thought those pics were aprils fool - posting them here - but Naim managed to convince PFM moderation to pull them.

As long as it isn't another luxury car tie in;)

Who knows ?
A cassette deck seem to be suggested elsewhere.

As long as this thread isn't pulled, everything is a guess.

A cassette deck would be cool. I am not sure I would buy one, but I think it would be a nice addition to their lineup and would please both hifi heads and those who like retro

Naim developed a cassette deck in the 80/90s just as CD was coming in. I think it was going to be difficult and costly to produce, even if the prototype was apparently promising. They then decided to switch development towards CD. I think that was a wise decision. I would be very surprised if they did a Cassette Deck now, even after they finally did a Turntable.

Naim developed a cassette deck in the 80/90s just as CD was coming in. I think it was going to be difficult and costly to produce, even if the prototype was apparently promising. They then decided to switch development towards CD. I think that was a wise decision. I would be very surprised if they did a Cassette Deck now, even after they finally did a Turntable.

I thought that the idea of a new Naim Cassette deck was the naim moderators idea of a joke, I think he quite likes Nakamichi decks mind, so who knows? :0)

I cannot even imagine Naim doing a cassette deck, especially at this point. They would seem to make a healthy amount of money on a sort of original "Naim Nait Revived", but they have yet to do that. Then again, what do I know, strange things happen these days! :(

Purpose was to improve cassette deck performance, as basis on test bench were Neal mechs.
Wonder if prototypes are still existing, they'd be worth a fortune by now.

Last edited:
if the 372 rumour is correct it will be interesting to get a sense of what future boxes will look, I have the nd5xs2 and sn3 on order so I will be interested to see what any potential future streamers will look.

advertisement

Back