advertisement

Jack Monroe to sue Lee Anderson

the_bat

pfm Member
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...mp-claims-she-makes-fortune-poor-lee-anderson

Precis: Lee Anderson (of nutritious meals for 30p fame) gave an interview to the deputy leader of the Reclaim party (Laurence Fox's anti-everything vehicle) where he apparently said she was "making an absolute fortune on the back of people".

Every time you think the bottom of the barrel has been scraped he finds a way to go deeper.

Plonker. The Spectator isn't impressed.

Quite apart from his comments about Jack Monroe, Anderson’s appearance raises questions about Conservative party discipline. Why did a Conservative MP agree to appear in the communications output of another political party? And not just any output but a production fronted by the leader and deputy leader of that party? Are other Tory backbenchers at liberty to do the same if they wish to appear on, say, a Green party livestream about overdevelopment or a Ukip podcast about the Rwanda plan?
Lee Anderson thinks food bank users need to brush up on their cookery and budgeting skills. He might want to put himself down for a refresher course on political communication.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-is-lee-anderson-boosting-laurence-fox-s-reclaim-

If by touched a nerve you meant that he made her legitimately angry and upset by using an interview with a fringe party to make completely false and baseless accusations against her then fair enough.

But I suspect you didn't.
Exactly, another thin skinned po faced Wokee get's on his/her high horse, bravo, more time wasted in our courts, almost as much of a joke as Wagatha Christie.

Exactly, another thin skinned po faced Wokee get's on his/her high horse, bravo, more time wasted in our courts, almost as much of a joke as Wagatha Christie.
Are you this much of an idiot in real life or is this just a persona you've adopted to get you through Sunday morning until the washer finishes and you can go to the pub? Either way, none of your recent posts are worth replying to, the reasoning, such as it is, has more holes than a teabag.

Rizo.

Not so much fresh creamy sponge cake goodness, as

spam_sq.jpg

As much as I like Jack Monroe for the great work they do, the defence only has to prove one poor person bought a book from them and that Monroe made some income from it.

Monroe's team will struggle to define "absolute fortune. Given they have an estimated net worth from food journalism and activism in excess of a million pounds it actually sounds a reasonable description.

As much as I like Jack Monroe for the great work they do, the defence only has to prove one poor person bought a book from them and that Monroe made some income from it.

Monroe's team will struggle to define "absolute fortune. Given they have an estimated net worth from food journalism and activism in excess of a million pounds it actually sounds a reasonable description.
On her blog she describes her income as rather less than what a decent job would pay. I suspect her being loaded is more right wing misinformation.

Litigation is rarely the answer. It’s time-consuming and costly. Anyone with even half a brain can see who is on the right side of this particular spat; it’s only brain-dead Mail readers who think Anderson has anything remotely resembling a point.

On her blog she describes her income as rather less than what a decent job would pay. I suspect her being loaded is more right wing misinformation.

Presumably her earnings would come to light in any possible court case, if Anderson is willing to go that far. He may be, as his type are very into 'free speech' and all that.

According to a reliable source (https://www.thebookseller.com/rights/monroes-food-bank-inspired-book-published-bluebird-879436), she had total books sales of 90,000 in 2018 so fairly modest.

advertisement

Back