Status
Not open for further replies.
MDAtNTA4OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Label: Dragon's Domain Records – DDR633
Format: 2 x CD, Album, Limited Edition, Remastered
Released: Aug 14, 2017
Genre: Electronic, Stage & Screen
Style: Soundtrack

On account it being 50 years ago (yesterday) that Mott the Hoople recorded 'All the Young Dudes', I am playing a selection of Mott and Ian Hunter solo stuff.

I prefer 'Roll Away the Stone' actually, but if there was no Dudes....

Ian is currently finishing off yet another new album, so I hope to see it this year, and maybe a tour next spring. Not bad for 83 next month!

On account it being 50 years ago (yesterday) that Mott the Hoople recorded 'All the Young Dudes', I am playing a selection of Mott and Ian Hunter solo stuff.

I prefer 'Roll Away the Stone' actually, but if there was no Dudes....

Ian is currently finishing off yet another new album, so I hope to see it this year, and maybe a tour next spring. Not bad for 83 next month!

Shit, I hadn't really thought about his age - is his voice still as delightful ?

Shit, I hadn't really thought about his age - is his voice still as delightful ?
As delightful as it ever was....(!). Struggles a bit more for high notes these days. But you have to admire the rate at which he continues to knock out original work. His last album (Fingers Crossed in 2016) actually made it to the actual album chart! (1 week at #36).

I am having a little Spotty browse. So far, Wet Leg, The Smile & Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever.

Very impressed with The Smile which just sounds like really good Radiohead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back