advertisement

Tories 'cancel' NUS

miktec

retired
The Tories have now removed the NUS from one of the most significant areas of consultation in HE - mobilising the same tried and tested ice pick of 'alleged' Anti-Semitism they used to assassinate Corbyn and the Labour left (as if Alt-Right Tories really give a flying f*ck about AS...)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61447105

"Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi said he was "seriously concerned" at the number of reports of alleged anti-Semitism linked to the NUS.
"Jewish students need to have confidence that this is a body that represents them, and we need to be sure that the student bodies that we engage with are speaking fairly for all students," he said.
The move will also involve removing the NUS from all Department for Education groups - and replacing them with individual student unions or alternative bodies such as the Office for Students' student panel."

Apart from payback for all the 'no-platforming', this move will effectively remove the most significant student voice from taking part in discussions about whatever further shenanigans the Alt-Right mob have in store for the University sector ....

Scared of a few student activists! The AS gift from the Labour right will continue to give and give...

The continued attack on any group who criticises Israel continues. As if this weeks Israeli police activities around the funeral of journalist Dhireen Abu Aqleh don't tell us all we need to know.

Firing on the pall bearers of a woman shot and killed by police. Its as corruption a state as you'll find anywhere.

This was in the Federation of Conservative Students

LOL ... no surprise there then.
I grew up in one of the safest of very safe seats in an ultra-Tory area of North Yorkshire - antisemitism was rife then and probably still is 65 years later.

Although TBH, the reason they have put out for this latest example of the disenfranchisement that has become their modus operandi is immaterial - any stick will do, no matter how flimsy.

The AS card is simply easy picking and, as with Corbyn et al, impossible to deflect.

Scared of a few student activists! The AS gift from the Labour right will continue to give and give...

I have long since given up even wanting to see a difference between Labour Alt-Right and Tory Alt-Right .... same mob, different coloured ties .....

The real issue is - getting recognition for NUS was a huge victory from the past and very hard fought.

... and wiped out overnight by the shower of shite in power, aided and abetted by their pox-ridden meedja crones.
They have tasted blood, and like it .....

I grew up in one of the safest of very safe seats in an ultra-Tory area of North Yorkshire - antisemitism was rife then and probably still is 65 years later.

There are Tories in the Peoples Republic Of Yorkshire?

I’m astonished the Conservative Party, who’s 1980s student group (Federation of Conservative Students) used to sell ‘Hang Mandela’ t-shirts, stickers and posters consider themselves to have any moral high-ground here. White-elitism is absolutely baked-into the party.

I’m astonished the Conservative Party, who’s 1980s student group (Federation of Conservative Students) used to sell ‘Hang Mandela’ t-shirts, stickers and posters consider themselves to have any moral high-ground here. White-elitism is absolutely baked-into the party.

While their Prime Minister was refusing to sanction apartheid S.A because her party donors were heavily invested there.

advertisement

Back