advertisement

Superb cables on a budget

The exact reverse applies, not only about cables but also digital sources and dacs, the “usual suspects” roll out their boilerplate answers without any consideration the OP may have actually heard a difference, in effect they are told it’s all in their heads or unless they do the demo double blind it’s invalid.
Your not argumentative at all mate..when you say something its always worthwhile..unlike others I could mention..who just bleat from the sidelines!

My God, Albert Einstein has changed a bit....

I find feeding my curiosity trumps massaging my equipment buying choices every time, folk need to stop being so childishly tribal re ASR.
I'm far more interested in members TT, amplifier, loudspeaker etc choices than what interconnects they use and seeing them in their system list always brings out a 'ahh bless 'em' wry smile...:)

Last edited:
I find feeding my curiosity trumps massaging my equipment buying choices every time, folk need to stop being so childishly tribal re ASR.
I'm far more interested in members TT, amplifier, loudspeaker etc choices than what interconnects they use and seeing them in their system list always brings out a 'ahh bless 'em' rye smile...:)

Funnily I border on doing the same at first glance with people wiring there stuff with Amazon specials, but I don't just don't say it and act like I am a hero and mock them with a 'bless em rye(sic) smile', I just accept they enjoy what they got and that's all good.

I'm far more interested in members TT, amplifier, loudspeaker etc choices than what interconnects they use and seeing them in their system list always brings out a 'ahh bless 'em' wry smile...:)

When I see the posts on the system pics thread I rarely notice what cables are used (if listed). I'm far more interested in the contents of bookcases, and choices of interior decoration.

Not smug just jaundiced cynicism about over earnest audiophiles.
It doesn’t read like that to me but maybe that’s what you meant. To me it reads like you’re looking down your nose at people you consider deluded who have taken the time and effort to choose their cables, it implies in your mind “you know better than them”.

When I see the posts on the system pics thread I rarely notice what cables are used (if listed). I'm far more interested in the contents of bookcases, and choices of interior decoration.
But if the bookcase falls apart due to cheap shoddy materials? Isn't it the same with music? Being strangled by cheap cables?

It doesn’t read like that to me but maybe that’s what you meant. To me it reads like you’re looking down your nose at people you consider deluded who have taken the time and effort to choose their cables, it implies in your mind “you know better than them”.
Wow you got all that from a wry smile.

But if the bookcase falls apart due to cheap shoddy materials? Isn't it the same with music? Being strangled by cheap cables?

Our bookcases were handmade some 30 years ago by a local carpenter and have stood the test of time very well. As for cables, I don't use cheap ones and, having gone down the 'all-in-one' route about ten years ago, don't need many cables in any case.

But the boring truth is that I'd only know whether cheap cables were strangling the music by comparing them with expensive ones without knowing which was which, and a) life's too short and b) my hearing's so shite these days that I probably wouldn't be able to detect any difference.

Funnily I border on doing the same at first glance with people wiring there stuff with Amazon specials, but I don't just don't say it and act like I am a hero and mock them with a 'bless em rye(sic) smile', I just accept they enjoy what they got and that's all good.
At work we have a tree surgeon who turns up when a tree looks dodgy..anyway we were chatting about hifi and I asked him about the interconnects he was using..he said they were freebie ones! I had to hand a pair of interconnects ( as you do! ) and gave them to him, reasonable quality much better than freebie grot..now everytime he comes to chop our trees down ..he mentions how much better his cd player sounds through the interconnects i gave him..isn't that a lovely hifi story..

advertisement

Back