advertisement

Favourite new album releases of 2022

LP.8, a very different Kelly Lee Owens, though still recognisably her own sound, with some gorgeous vocals...

I wasn’t sure about this after reading the press release a while ago, but it’s a bit good.

That's next on my listening pile

On the scale of 0-Tilt, some more experimental KLO’s barely halfway. On loop here today.

Loraine James and Whatever the Weather also getting plenty of plays since the lairy sunburst orange edition finally got here a couple of weeks ago. Very easy on the ears...

Some beautiful tunes. ‘25°C’, ‘0°C’, ‘17°C’, ‘2°C (intermittent rain)’, ‘10°C’, ‘6°C’, ‘30°C’...

Röyksopp : Profound Mysteries
An absolute corker of an album - just kept putting the volume up.

That track got played at the last A Love From Outer Space at Phonox, back in February - it sounded immense booming out of a Funktion One soundsystem.

I bet. Seen them live for The Understanding and banged out a couple from Melody A.M - belting set. Check out Breathe from the album.

I'll pencil in the forthcoming Arcade Fire - We

The first single The Lightening is classic Arcade Fire with a slow build up until half way through when the tornado hits...

Great piano and vocal from the wonderful Régine

Just another next level Kangding Ray video. Turn up the bass...

‘As well as being available digitally and on vinyl, ULTRACHROMA will span art editions, a series of NFTs, a permaweb archive and an audiovisual installation.’

I've just finished playing Scott Walker's Tilt at enormous volume, so feel ready for anything

My dad passed away during lockdown one, so it was only me, my brother and my mum at his funeral. We all chose one song for him on that day, and this was mine. It was one of his very favourites.

My sympathies for the loss of your dad.

Farmer in the City is also my favourite Scott Walker track, and probably the most "funereal" if that's a real word.

Great choice.

Thank you, and agreed, it did seem appropriate. It’s by far the most ‘normal’ track on the LP, fair play to @guey for sitting through the whole thing!

Love this comment in the comments section on YouTube :D

advertisement

Back