advertisement

Turntable Wall Shelf Recommendations that do not cost the Earth

Phil Bishop

pfm Member
Hi Good PF Folk,

I currently have a wall mounted Rega on a dedicated Rega wall bracket which has served me very well. However, I fancy a change in turntable with a wall mounted set up still suiting my living space best.

So, I'm looking for a sturdy good looking turntable wall shelf that ideally does not cost silly audiophile prices.

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.

Hi Good PF Folk,

I currently have a wall mounted Rega on a dedicated Rega wall bracket which has served me very well. However, I fancy a change in turntable with a wall mounted set up still suiting my living space best.

So, I'm looking for a sturdy good looking turntable wall shelf that ideally does not cost silly audiophile prices.

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.
I made one with mdf and a couple of hardwood brackets. Has done the job.

One of the best looking wall mounted turntable supports in my opinion is made by Stands Unique, I own two, one of which is illuminated. Unfortunately they are no longer made so you will have to find one second hand - Good luck in your search.

Looks good and TBH £200 is OK as it looks stylish and will be in place for a long time.

Also, my Rega support will probably generate around £100 particularly if I offer overseas postage.

However, currently out of stock unfortunately :(

I don't know what to read into out of stock, you would have to ask. Mine has a second layer it's just a acrylic 'square', 25 mm thick, supported on some small cork risers. My deck (Well Tempered) seems to like the extra mass.

The top panel from an Ikea coffee table, some plastic-coated wire, and wall anchors. Saw someone with a whole wall of these years back....

Found it

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66275&p=526316&hilit=ikea#p526258

medium

I'm sure I saw another installation similar to this...

If you can get one I would recommend it.
I have two double shelf versions I bought years ago, they are very sturdy, I have a NA Dais on one and a heavy valve amp on the other. They are rock solid.

I'm not sure they are available now, when I last spoke to Simon at Turntable World about a year ago he said he could no longer get them made at a sensible price.

Give him a ring tomorrow to confirm availability.

I have two double shelf versions I bought years ago, they are very sturdy, I have a NA Dais on one and a heavy valve amp on the other.

How on Earth do you get a Dais on a standard wall shelf? For one, it's a big deck and secondly, the 30+ kg weight would surely tax most. I've a Dais, and had quite a few Target wall shelves (okay for my Orbe, Roksan and LP12) over the years, but no way would I put my Dais on one, even if there was room.

How on Earth do you get a Dais on a standard wall shelf? For one, it's a big deck and secondly, the 30+ kg weight would surely tax most. I've a Dais, and had quite a few Target wall shelves (okay for my Orbe, Roksan and LP12) over the years, but no way would I put my Dais on one, even if there was room.
Hi Mike, the DecentAudio shelf is quite a substantial product. The Dais base is smaller than the shelf which is secured with six large/long screws into a brick wall. I wasn't convinced it would work before I bought the deck but it does.

Mike, here is a link to the double shelf....

Thanks, Colin. Yes, it looks more substantial that the various Targets (which also did a double shelf version) but, like these, uses 6 wall fixings and it's this which casts doubt in my mind. Another thing, of course, is that the Dais would need to be assembled on the shelf as it's far too heavy to lift. Okay, take the platters off but putting this back on at a height would frighten me, though if you're a younger body-builder type it'd be a different matter. :)

advertisement

Back