advertisement

Have a Few Bob, fancied my Dream Acoustic

Si74

pfm Member
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180202321816008--martin-d42-re-imagined

Well maybe not, would not wake in the morning in her indoors found out I'd spent 6.5K on a geetar!
When did guitar prices go insane? Thought a tad over a Grand would buy a serious bit of wood. Seems not.
Gibson, Martin, Taylor, good ones bad ones...Larrivee' (I wish), Sigma, Breedlove and Faith, three for the price one.Only hoping guitar salesmen in Glasgow are very patient chaps.
Shame my first serious guitar was sold for £30 and now 50 years later, would probably fetch enough to
buy something half roads serious.
So full circle back to Yamaha or hope a top of the range Crafter replicates the ludicrous value for money that any of the lower end models I've had have shown. Going to be a way harder decision than any ever hi-fi purchase. Alvarez (top of an older range) almost cuts it but thirty year old Ibanez or near ninety year old Rex Royale tend to make me leave it in the rack.

The trouble is that guitars kind of lure me. I've already got a lovely acoustic, and I can't even play that. I certainly don't need any more.

Yamaha LL6 works for me.
£200 to £300 secondhand.
Has a quality feel and sound.
Beats the budget Epiphone Gibson copies by quite a big margin.

Going to be a way harder decision than any ever hi-fi purchase.

Include the Canadian-made Godin stuff in your list; Seagull, Simon & Patrick, Art & Lutherie etc. Surprisingly affordable for a guitar made without cheap labour and very nice quality. <£1k will get you something really nice.

Well after much study and finding a couple of brilliant sites on the web, looks like a trip to France is in order.
Hard to tell from vids. on you tube but my mind is set on a Yiari of some description.
After watching various Gibsons, Martins, & Taylors being sawn in half to reveal all, no way am
I taking pot luck going there.
By the same token, no way am I spending 2-3K on a geetar without playing it first.

On the other hand, I might have had enough blind faith to get one shipped had not good old Brexit made that a ridiculous proposition financially!

Hey Simon, get along to Rory at Taran Guitars outside Pittenweem and get a bespoke made. In all seriousness his are world-class, and becoming extremely desirable… if I could only play a bit better ….

0-AAF95-D6-1539-4-CD6-9-BA5-2585-E2-A5-CD73.jpg" alt="0-AAF95-D6-1539-4-CD6-9-BA5-2585-E2-A5-CD73

advertisement

Back