advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

By the way, everyone who's dissed Trek in this thread has been discommendated and banned.

You know the rules. It's in the AUP, that legally binding document you agreed to uphold when you signed up so no special pleading or PMs to TonyL. Take your lumps like Klingon warriors, not Denebian Slime Devils.

Joe

Picard was doomed the moment the admiral dropped the F bomb in season 1, it was clear from that point this had nothing to do with startrek.

... but one of the best lines was when Laris, in broad Irish tones, denounced the Romulan secret force, who had covered their tracks in Soji's apartment, as "Cheeky F*ckers" ....

I'm also having fun with Picard S2!

Trek has been around for 56 years. Some great, some not so great, but always worth a watch IME.

I'm just glad that the franchise still exists, and that new series are being developed.

Now on the YouTube.

Don't let me down, Paramount, or I shall watch each episode only thrice.

Joe

Strange New Worlds is pretty good so far Wish they hadn't pissed around with the Enterprise quite as much It was white and beautiful , she was not metallic FFS. Otherwise lets hope for some good old fashioned ignore the prime directive stuff. It will be a real breath of fresh air from the narcissistic cluster F that is Picard Season 2

I’m enjoying Picard, yes there’s a tad too much introspection going on but they’ve given appropriate nods to the Canon and the latest one I’ve seen, a a massive jolt to the ongoing Borg saga.

Watched them all, i enjoy a new take on the familiar and appreciate its not on everyone’s much watch list. All long lived franchises change over time, they can’t please everyone.

But it has to at least nod to what we all know, Picard is not Picard, 7 of 9 is not 7 of 9, the story makes no sense, the Borg in this makes no sense, there is no canon here, there is a bunch of 20 something writers in California who have never watched Startrek, enjoying the smell of their own farts.

Infact its so bad its actually turned me off of rewatching old trek, which I do enjoy doing, but they have decimated Picard, I just can't. Clearly Patrick Stewart does not give a shit, and I don't blame him really, take the money and run.

It's total nonsense.

You like or don’t like, such is life. I hope the next ST franchise series will be up to your standards, live long etc.

advertisement

Back