advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams 1-4. Released today and I had my copy on turquoise vinyl signed by the man himself at RT East. Also got a JM and the Healers 7" signed in memory of a gig at La Scala where both me and the missus-to-be agreed rhat Marr was the blx

I’m liking Horsegirl enough to preorder the limited Rough Trade vinyl edition even if its not due until June! Good to hear some quality shoegaze for a change (preceding single ‘Billy’ even more so).

WNq4KDT.png

Still waiting on the LPs to show up. This is top quality stuff though....

WNq4KDT.png

Still waiting on the LPs to show up. This is top quality stuff though....

Got my copy today and it is top quality stuff BUT it is annoying when albums from bands with high recording and production values get packaged with stiff, thick cardboard inners! Good job I keep a stock of quality inners to swap over.

Got my copy today and it is top quality stuff BUT it is annoying when albums from bands with high recording and production values get packaged with stiff, thick cardboard inners! Good job I keep a stock of quality inners to swap over.
Got tickets to see the, at the end of April. I’m still debating as I don’t have any Tindersticks on Vinyl and was thinking of buying a couple of early albums that seem to be reasonable priced for double albums.

I just placed an order for Massive Attack's Protection which is being re-released on vinyl on 2nd December and thought I'd share it with you in case I'm not the only one who wants a copy. It's presently £24.28 here at Amazon, but I'd expect that to change before it's released.

Maybe we could have a thread to give each other a heads up on forthcoming vinyl releases... maybe it could be this very thread!?

Anyway, as a bonus heads up, I also ordered a copy of The Observer by Shabaka and the Ancestors on vinyl last night and it's due to be released on Monday 26th September. It seems to be only available here at Bandcamp for £25 delivered (price includes a FLAC download of the album), but if you like Sun Ra, you're bound to like this ;)

Wow..... I'm liking this....what a fantastic idea

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The Line Is A Curve by Kae Tempest (Amazon) arrived earlier. I was a bit worried about this one as it’s a single album and pretty long playing time, but it’s not sounding bad at all so far. I went for the orange vinyl signed copy on pre-order ages ago. I have a feeling they are all orange though.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I really like some of Kae Tempests early output but its all so similar I couldnt commit to an entire album, I notice their latest tracks are more collaborative, hopefully getting a little less stuck in a box?

I’ve only played the Kae Tempest once so far, but it does sound a little more varied musically than I was expecting. I haven’t got the earlier stuff so can’t really compare. I just noticed a pre-order for this one so took a punt.

The Wet Leg album that I preordered about a decade ago landed today. I bought from their site, which had a bewildering range of options. The cheapest way to get a signed copy (actually a signed insert) was a ‘bundle’ of the limited transparent vinyl with 7” and the CD, which actually only ended up a fiver or so dearer than the unsigned vinyl. Very interesting to compare the mastering between vinyl and CD, very different, vinyl far more gentle and easy going, CD modern and loud, but very well done. It’s a decent enough album with some great tracks (mainly the ones we’ve already heard), though it does run out of steam a bit. Overall I don’t think it is as strong as the Dry Cleaning album from last year, which I guess is the obvious competition. The limited edition looks like a good buy based on what flippers are asking already!

PS My instinct with the various limited editions we are bombarded with these days is to always go for a signed item where available. I’ll pay more for a signature but I’m not really bothered about what colour the vinyl is!

I really like some of Kae Tempests early output but its all so similar I couldnt commit to an entire album, I notice their latest tracks are more collaborative, hopefully getting a little less stuck in a box?

Just playing it again now, it is very good indeed IMO. Worth a punt for sure.

I’ve only played the Kae Tempest once so far, but it does sound a little more varied musically than I was expecting. I haven’t got the earlier stuff so can’t really compare. I just noticed a pre-order for this one so took a punt.

The Wet Leg album that I preordered about a decade ago landed today. I bought from their site, which had a bewildering range of options. The cheapest way to get a signed copy (actually a signed insert) was a ‘bundle’ of the limited transparent vinyl with 7” and the CD, which actually only ended up a fiver or so dearer than the unsigned vinyl. Very interesting to compare the mastering between vinyl and CD, very different, vinyl far more gentle and easy going, CD modern and loud, but very well done. It’s a decent enough album with some great tracks (mainly the ones we’ve already heard), though it does run out of steam a bit. Overall I don’t think it is as strong as the Dry Cleaning album from last year, which I guess is the obvious competition. The limited edition looks like a good buy based on what flippers are asking already!

PS My instinct with the various limited editions we are bombarded with these days is to always go for a signed item where available. I’ll pay more for a signature but I’m not really bothered about what colour the vinyl is!
Listening to Wet Leg on Qobuz right now. Excellent. A bit reminiscent of early Echo Belly. Great stuff. Good enough for me to check out vinyl options!

Listening to Wet Leg on Qobuz right now. Excellent. A bit reminiscent of early Echo Belly. Great stuff. Good enough for me to check out vinyl options!

The lyric line “Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?” is one of the best in the entire history of rock music IMHO.

The lyric line “Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?” is one of the best in the entire history of rock music IMHO.
There were a number of lyric lines that caught me, but as I was listening through AirPods in the back garden with several bottles of Summer Lightning in front of me, can’t quite remember them for now!

Sault have a new album Air (Bandcamp). I’ve played a few tracks and it is so far off the map from what I (or I suspect anyone!) was expecting having vast orchestration, choirs etc. It’s so WTAF how can one not buy it? I’m in for a copy for sure, but I’ll hang-fire until pre-orders have gone up in the usual places just to see if there are any limited variants anywhere.

advertisement

Back