advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

Yes it's very upfront and in your face... Not exactly teatime viewing. It certainly makes you realise how lucky we are compared to others.

Personally I wouldn't watch it. Like I say, feels very exploitative to me.

Personally I wouldn't watch it. Like I say, feels very exploitative to me.

I don't find them that way at all, its the respectful cataloguing of people who are othered and marginalised by society. I think it'll stand the test of time really well.

I don't find them that way at all, its the respectful cataloguing of people who are othered and marginalised by society. I think it'll stand the test of time really well.

I didn't find them respectful at all, especially the interviews with sex workers which got very creepy uncle at times and my overall feeling was one of prurience. The context and explanation free recounting of trauma by victims essentially for entertainment and (presumably) profit just made me feel very uncomfortable.

Airliners Live

Every Friday and Sunday 10am to 2pm from Manchester airport.

If you like to be close up when planes land and take off this is for you.

Australian satirical channel "The Juice Media" and their "Honest Government Ads" series are funny despite the often tragic subject-matter. Here's one on the recent Australian floods:

Targets are mostly Australian but they seem to have a govt with a lot in common with our own so highly relateable, and occasionally they have a pop at the US or UK.

Another on climate change (not all the content is about that):

Webcam in the Namib Desert. Loads of wildlife, mostly birds but seen some big herbivorous beasts and dogs today.

Have been listening to High Pulp over the last couple of days. Reminds me a bit of Snarky Puppy. They are both jazz “collectives”, but High Pulp adds a bit more electronic music. I enjoyed this session, and hope others do too.

advertisement

Back