advertisement

What's the last piece of Hifi you sold?

Thinking back, it was my Cambridge CXC I think. Sold it because I moved up to a better transport. I've a few things for sale(ish) right now, so this answer might change soon :)

Neat momentum sx3i via the classified’s. Bargain for the buyer as they were perfect, around 1 year old. Rrp was originally 2750 and went for 750.

Sugden a21a, my second/spare amp, a few months ago. I had intended to keep it indefinitely but wanted to free up some money to pay for a home office set up. In truth I regretted selling the Suggie before it had even left the house.

Also I have a small cottage and don't have much space to store gear that isn't being used, so it's usually a one-in-one-out scenario.

Trade in at dealers much of the time, less dosh but much less hassle.

On pfm classifieds the last thing I sold was Allo USB + DigiOne Sig with Shanti PSU. Reason was I did a head to head between a tricked out Rasp Pi the Allo + M-Scaler + TT2 + LPSUs Vs Bartok. The Bartok won having previously seen off a couple other setups. Tend to buy 2, compare, sell one, buy another, compare, sell one - until I get to a happy settled place.

topping L30 headphone amp, and akg 702 headphones which were not enough of an upgrade over my audio technica ad700's to justify the additional cost and complexity.

Rgds
Stuart

A NAP250DR amp that I had bought new was sold on, as was seen off by an old HX75 (but serviced) amp. (HX75 now languishing in a cupboard due to an A40) Funny how less can be more some times!

Recently sold my Quad 33/303 & my Leak Stereo20. I was sad to see them go but needs must. Also sold my Quad 99CDP-2, already questioning why & thinking of buying another!?

These were all sold through the PFM classifieds. Had less luck trying to sell my Naim Nait 5Si & Rotel A10 in the classifieds so used that auction site for those. Still have my Primare i15MM, CD15 Prisma & Topping D30Pro listed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29488793...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29488795...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29489837...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Basically I've bought far too much & sold far too little kit in the last couple of years. Recent move into a small 1 bed flat has made this unsustainable so having a clear out.

TS

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I need to sell to fund.
I don't trust selling stuff..or buying stuff anymore..had a unpleasant experience buying speakers...I consider you my sixth child..so if you need any bit of kit son..let me know..you pay the postage if ok..say hi to mum...I'm still the same weight, as I was all those years ago! But my hair is much longer and silver and so shiny and full bodied nowadays..tell her I'm sorry it didn't work out..but making me sleep on the zbed downstairs was a cruelty..all the best son...

Recently sold my Quad 33/303 & my Leak Stereo20. I was sad to see them go but needs must. Also sold my Quad 99CDP-2, already questioning why & thinking of buying another!?

These were all sold through the PFM classifieds. Had less luck trying to sell my Naim Nait 5Si & Rotel A10 in the classifieds so used that auction site for those. Still have my Primare i15MM, CD15 Prisma & Topping D30Pro listed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29488793...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29488795...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29489837...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Basically I've bought far too much & sold far too little kit in the last couple of years. Recent move into a small 1 bed flat has made this unsustainable so having a clear out.

TS
You sold a quad cdp2? Why? How? Have you lost your senses man? You can borrow mine if you want..but i want it back at some point..

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A pair of Target R4 stands last week as they were too similar to the Falcon stands I have for the LS3/5As to justify keeping both. Before that a pair of Partridge SUTs (a ‘Martha’s Dad SUT if that means anything to anyone). That went to a friend who’d had it on lone for about five years anyway! I can’t see myself going back to an MC cart, so why keep it? I’ve actually a fair amount of stuff sitting unused I could thin out, but whether I get round to it is another matter.

A pair of Target R4 stands last week as they were too similar to the Falcon stands I have for the LS3/5As to justify keeping both. Before that a pair of Partridge SUTs (a ‘Martha’s Dad SUT if that means anything to anyone). That went to a friend who’d had it on lone for about five years anyway! I can’t see myself going back to an MC cart, so why keep it? I’ve actually a fair amount of stuff sitting unused I could thin out, but whether I get round to it is another matter.
Have you ever tried a step up transformer with an ipod? Works with phones too..I sometimes use mine with a music first step up.. sounds rather good

I sold a pair (the second pair I've owned) of Rega Naos floorstanding speakers due to a shift in usage priorities in our front room and the system it contains. We mainly listen to music replayed from that system when we're not actually in the room with it (either in the dining room next door or the kitchen), mostly only sitting in the room with the system on if we are watching a film. It therefore made sense to make that system more about movies so I bought some decent Spendor surround speakers at a good price and I am in the process of fitting it all in/setting it up, though they still perform well for 2 channel stereo. We have a second sitting room upstairs (small house but no children so only one bedroom needed) which will be just for music, or at least it will be once I can get back in it after the downstairs is re-decorated and the extra furniture is gone from it.

advertisement

Back