advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you quoted me as I said it wasn’t factually correct but anyway I actually quite enjoy it and it has got my partner’s 15 yo daughter into F1 so that’s a good thing in my book.

I was reinforcing your opinion. Drive to Survive is a drama series for the now moment and won't stand the test of time.

Not sure why you quoted me as I said it wasn’t factually correct but anyway I actually quite enjoy it and it has got my partner’s 15 yo daughter into F1 so that’s a good thing in my book.
I enjoy watching it as I have worked with quite a few of the people shown, some I have even recruited over the past 30+ years. Great to see them go on and achieve more than me.

It has done a lot for F1 around the world even if they have modified timelines and made more of a story than is real in some areas.

R.I.P. 'Quick Vic' Elford. Very few opportunities in F1, none of them competitive, but he was bloody quick in anything with four wheels.
'Reflections on a Golden Age in Motorsports' is well worth reading, if you can find a copy.

The best thing with Drive to Survive is not to take it too seriously ,obviously edited and manipulated for entertainment rather than fact . Max is very sensible to not have anything to do with it ,why take the risk of someone making something out of nothing . It does however seem to be getting new viewers for F1 which is a good thing . The latest series not so good IMO as too much of the soap opera element in it .However still quite enjoyed watching it but FF some bits !

I was reinforcing your opinion. Drive to Survive is a drama series for the now moment and won't stand the test of time.

It may be better to advertise itself as a fictitious drama with no connection to F1

F1 CEO Domenicalli - “If a driver refuses to participate because he is not being presented as he wants, we will talk about it constructively,” the Italian added. “‘Tell us how you want to be presented and we’ll find a way’.”

Nice to see Ferrari up there & Mercedes on the back foot.
Sainz, Leclerc & Maximus mixing it up at the front could get interesting.
Exciting times.

Quite enjoyed that. Those cars are beautiful under the lights at night. All of 'em. Think my fave is the Alfa Tauri. Gorgeous looking thing.

That Ferarri looked planted during testing the other week.

Forza. About bloody time!

Looks like Ferrari have improved their powerplant as well as the vehicle handling compared to its competition, and in particular to Mercedes.

Ferrari engined cars 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 12th and 15th. For teams that finished 3rd, 9th and 10th in the Constructors in 2021, that is a very good improvement (they claimed before going racing that their engine was back), if they can make it stick. Complicated a bit by Sauber having BOT who was faster than Lewis at times and definitely faster than Kimi and Antonio, and ZHO who is in his first F1 qualifying session. And Haas not developing their car last year to put all their efforts into this years car and having Kevin driving for them this year who is clearly faster than MAZ.

Merc engined cars 4th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th. For teams that finished 1st, 4th, 7th and 8th in the Constructors in 2021 that is a big drop off in performance. Complicated a bit by VET being replaced by HUL and RUS making a mistake on his fast lap and so not being just behind Lewis as he had been throughout the weekend.

The aero rule changes will have had a large effect on performance and so until that settles down (teams copy others, develop new ideas and bring mods to the track) it will be difficult to say how the engine situation has changed with any certainty.

Ferrari seem well back on form despite having forgotten what colour red their cars are. Interesting that Mercedes turned up in a bouncy castle. Not quite sure who some of the other teams/drivers are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back