advertisement

Thanks. The TT has a matching perspex cover when not in use.

As a Red Wedge band fan I discovered San Fender a couple of years ago when I read an article asking why he was the only young pop star singing about the political harm being done to young people and their families by the current political regime in the UK. He can be a bit hit and miss, but mostly very good. His songs Dead Boys and Seventeen Going Under are constantly on our playlist at the moment.
I lived near Newcastle for a few years long ago, his accent brought back a few memories :) 17 going under is a great tune.

After a couple of years struggling with an unreliable Apple Airport Express for streaming I recently chucked it out and built myself a Raspberry Pi streamer. It’s running Volumio and based on a pi3B main board with a 32bit/384kHz-ready DAC hat. Great fun making it and buying all the bits and case etc. Cost about £150 all in. The looks might not appeal to some but I think it sounds and looks great.
taSQ6zq.jpg

4XpSaT6.jpg

2n82FWS

2n7ZZUB

Looks great

Another modestly big Tannoy for you. No changes except that I ordered up a property terminated pair of wires for the ST100s. I’m quite fond of the look of the Ardens now, they’re big but have a definite style and charm to them, especially in the morning sunlight…

A7-FBF10-D-67-A0-4-C95-B7-EB-8-D99-F542-E8-D6.jpg

The Falcons bass performance wouldn’t need much augmentation to be perfectly acceptable. Based on personal experiences I’m very much in the ‘subs are too much of a ballache to integrate with standmounts’ camp, but having been cable agnostic to date I think I’ll try a speaker cable that’s known for bass performance to see if I can hear a positive difference. Something like EWA LS40 @Tarzan ?

Having had a couple of REL subs in the past with mixed success I was a bit trepidatious trying another one with my current Proac Response 2s's, but having done some research I settled for an SVS 3000 Micro. The DSP remote app is superb and a real game changer as it allows seamless integration including room compensation. Remarkable power and plenty of extension for such an unobtrusive box !

advertisement

Back