advertisement

It survived the long trip from Canada :cool::

IMG-5255.jpg

That's a lot of Isoplats, did you get them back in the day or a lot eBay hunting?

What are the feet on the speakers, I'm looking for something to replace the spikes on my ATCs when we change the flooring?

That's a lot of Isoplats, did you get them back in the day or a lot eBay hunting?

What are the feet on the speakers, I'm looking for something to replace the spikes on my ATCs when we change the flooring?

A small number are from "back in the day" but the rest have been added over time from ebay and other places to buy, as and when more equipment was added. There's one underneath the rear Exaktbox-i/1 too (not shown in the pics).

The feet are IsoAcoustic Gaias which I have on their dedicated carpet spikes. They have some kind of elastomer type stuff inside which allows a small amount of movement in the vertical and side to side but not front to back. IsoAcoustic say they work by eliminating the spike / floor interface which creates a reflection point for out of time energy to go back up into the cabinet. Make of that what you will, but I've heard the change they make on a few different speaker / floor combinations and they've always made an improvement, in my opinion. I haven't heard every combination of course, so YMMV. Worth a try, but if your speakers are very heavy they're quite a pricey option.

It really is a beautiful looking thing. Obviously irrelevant if it doesn’t perform, but glad to hear that it obviously does.

I cannot fault it, apart from the price and the difficulty finding it in stock - this one belongs to a friend and he has been adamant about not letting it go.

For the sake of the spirit of the thread, the system itself (still) consists of:
  1. Devialet Expert 200;
  2. Sonus Faber Olympica II;
  3. Custom turntable with rim drive and three SME 3012 tonearms;
  4. Custom RPi4 based streamer;
  5. AudioQuest cabling throughout (PSC+ + DBS);
  6. Dedicated mains wiring.
I have absolutely no desire to change any of the main components, but having three tonearms means I can keep a few cartridges on hand.

From top to bottom :

Marantz 6006 CD player used as a transport
Highly modified Chinese DAC based on AK4497 chips
Classe Audio CP35 preamp from the 90’s
Naim NAP 110
Linn K20 speaker cables
Barbeau floor standers based on SB drivers (local maker)

I have many other pre, amps from different era and way more costly but these are the ones that gives me the most satisfaction with my style of music and best synergy all together.

New (secondhand) phono stage to better suit the OC9/III I added recently.

Never even looked at a Leema product before. Being a bit of a Hi-Fi snob:oops: I always saw them as a bit ‘What Hi-Fi.’ like Cyrus, Arcam, Monitor Audio etc.
But it fitted my needs (must have a rumble filter) and budget (upto £500) and the numerous online reviews were all extremely positive so I went for it.
Glad I did as I am seriously impressed with it. Way more transparent than the cheaper Cambridge phonostage I was using and for probably the first time I would say my analogue option was sounding as good, or better, than the streaming version.:eek:

Last edited:
After a couple of years struggling with an unreliable Apple Airport Express for streaming I recently chucked it out and built myself a Raspberry Pi streamer. It’s running Volumio and based on a pi3B main board with a 32bit/384kHz-ready DAC hat. Great fun making it and buying all the bits and case etc. Cost about £150 all in. The looks might not appeal to some but I think it sounds and looks great.
taSQ6zq.jpg

4XpSaT6.jpg

2n82FWS

2n7ZZUB

After a couple of years struggling with an unreliable Apple Airport Express for streaming I recently chucked it out and built myself a Raspberry Pi streamer. It’s running Volumio and based on a pi3B main board with a 32bit/384kHz-ready DAC hat. Great fun making it and buying all the bits and case etc. Cost about £150 all in. The looks might not appeal to some but I think it sounds and looks great.
taSQ6zq.jpg

4XpSaT6.jpg

2n82FWS

2n7ZZUB
Matches the TT, only recently found the Sam Fender stuff he'd slipped me by

Matches the TT, only recently found the Sam Fender stuff he'd slipped me by
Thanks. The TT has a matching perspex cover when not in use.

As a Red Wedge band fan I discovered San Fender a couple of years ago when I read an article asking why he was the only young pop star singing about the political harm being done to young people and their families by the current political regime in the UK. He can be a bit hit and miss, but mostly very good. His songs Dead Boys and Seventeen Going Under are constantly on our playlist at the moment.

advertisement

Back