advertisement

The most boring band?

Has an odd voice also.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Mark-E-Smith_1334833078_crop_550x380.jpg

Robert Wyatt; I can tolerate a bit, but dull as dishwater.

Well I never, it just goes to show how different tastes can be! Robert Wyatt (not a band as somebody pointed out) is pretty much my all time favourite musician, along with Captain Beefheart.

Well I never, it just goes to show how different tastes can be! Robert Wyatt (not a band as somebody pointed out) is pretty much my all time favourite musician, along with Captain Beefheart.

I have a lot of Wyatt, including Matching Mole, and despite several attempts he is boring.
Competent, definitely. Interesting, definitely not.

Currently selling it all. Same goes for the Captain Beefheart that I have (a few albums) - I will stick them in the charity shop. Dullsville.

Genesis getting a bit of an undeserved panning here!
Proper prog IMO, There were dull moments like The Lamb... but otherwise great stuff until after Wind & Wuthering. The modern prog stuff like Porcupine Tree has me glazing over pretty quick though.
Bands like Coldplay are a shame, actually good music spoiled by a whingeing vocalist droning on....and on.

Can I just clarify what people mean by Genesis here.... Genesis Proper with the genius Gabriel or Genesis Lite with the bore Collins?

One mans meat is another mans ....questionable taste?

Prior to becoming a pop tart Phil Collins was one of the finest drummers that ever existed. Your mileage. etc.

97 posts and only one thing is certain...

Everyone's tastes are different and long may that continue.

Wouldn't it be boring if everyone liked the same thing, be it Hi Fi, music or which football team you support?

In music there is no good or bad, just like or don't like. (there may be some exceptions to this !!!!:D)

Andy

advertisement

Back