advertisement

Stuff from the 70s. An all that.

Ok, I did say elsewhere but meant still kept in school.
There should be no reward for bad behaviour.

Andy
It’s life, I suppose. Tom Brown’s School Days etc. There are still bullies out there in the workplace and socially, but they find themselves more often on their own now.
Rough schools in rough cities have probably always been rough, and the worst offenders ended up being educated elsewhere.

It beggars belief that in 2022 people can still advocate beating children.
I would never say that a child whatever they have done should be beaten. I went through it at school and know what it's like.
What I do believe is that there should be some discipline (not corporal) to maintain order in the classroom.

Andy

We had the odd bully in our 70s comprehensive but they all crapped themselves in the face of the Deputy Head Mr Telford. Ex Army and hard as nails, he had an artificial leg after a German shell took out his tank in North Africa and so you could hear him coming as he dragged it on the tiles in the corridors. One particularly obnoxious lad who Mr T was looking for found himself cornered and rather than cop for a smack or two jumped out of a first-floor window to try and get away.

Ours was Barrs

The favourite flavours were Irn Bru, Dandelion & Burdock and American Cream Soda. Mmmmmemories!:)

Andy

One of my summer jobs was working in the local Barrs factory. I remember leaning out of a door on the third floor of a building to drag bags of sugar indoors from a pallet on a large fork lift. I don't recall having any safety considerations being taken into account!

The 70s were the glory days of mathematics, you could work things out longhand or use logarithms (if you were luck it would involve ‘bars’) or a slide rule depending on your mood. Then along came the electronic calculator and ruined everything!

mars-marathon-con.jpg

The 70s were the glory days of mathematics, you could work things out longhand or use logarithms (if you were luck it would involve ‘bars’) or a slide rule depending on your mood. Then along came the electronic calculator and ruined everything!

Did you hear about the constipated mathematician, he worked it out with a slide rule

Pete

advertisement

Back