advertisement

VDGG on tour

Thanks for that link Paul, I was in Brum on Monday stage left about 6 rows back. Vocal sound initially was a bit slurry when PH was on keyboards but much better when he was on guitars. I have seen them many times and thought, like the review, it was a brilliant performance. My pal had not seen them before but enjoyed it too and I am going to burn him the set-list and add lyrics. Checking my gig records, it was 51 years almost to the day since I first saw them at the good old Town Hall when they were bill toppers over Lindisfarne and an up and coming young band called Genesis - a great gig for six shillings if I recall correctly!

By coincidence I’m playing Pawn Hearts on vinyl, probably for about the first time in 25 years.
Remember buying this in 1980.
Never heard anything else by them or Hamill tbh.
But Pawn Hearts is a good album from that era and I’m enjoying it now.

Pawn Hearts, a #1 album in Italy pop pickers. VDGG are my favourite band, Peter Hammill my favourite artist. I would love to see them again, but with covid, I'm still very wary of being in a crowd.

I'm on the train home to deepest Dorset having seen them last night at the London Palladium. The ticket was bought back when we lived 38 minutes from Waterloo.

They were very good though my favourite VdGG concerts were the 2005 reunion gig at the Royal Festival Hall and at the Barbican when they played Flight and A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers.

I definitely had a feeling that this will be the last chance I will get to see them play live.

I'm on the train home to deepest Dorset having seen them last night at the London Palladium. The ticket was bought back when we lived 38 minutes from Waterloo.

They were very good though my favourite VdGG concerts were the 2005 reunion gig at the Royal Festival Hall and at the Barbican when they played Flight and A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers.

I definitely had a feeling that this will be the last chance I will get to see them play live.

I think the opposite - that was probably their last chance to see me in the audience live! BTW, your SL2's are still going...............

I bought some SL2s many years ago after reading on the old Naim Forum that you were moving yours on and expecting a visit from TT. A quick call to see if he had any in stock and I was in St Albans or wherever that weekend. I wish I had not sold them now but I did because I never went active however AFAIK they are in an active system and working well. Maybe I guessed wrong but it was a hell of a coincidence because I had been searching for a long time.

advertisement

Back