advertisement

Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sky interview merely underlined the extent that she and her government are impotent. She did talk about sanction which might have an effect in the long run, but in the long run the Tory party will still dependant on Oligarch donations so after a few million deaths and lots of destruction, they will quietly forget about the tough talk and get back to business as usual.

The UK is knee deep in Russian Money. If we wanted to use economic and diplomatic sanctions to kerb a tyrannical regime, we should’ve started a long time ago
Contrast with the manner of the speech given by von der Leyen, fluently in three different languages.

The Mirror are reporting that multi-millionaire disaster capitalist/part-time MP Jacob Rees Mogg has financial links to one of the already sanctioned Russian oligarchs (Mirror).

PS I’m not a fan of linking to tabloids, but I assume they’ve fact checked it. He’s certainly very far from the only one in that party tainted with dictatorship money.

Sky News this morning

Looks like they built a SWIFT alternative in 2014 but it's not widely adopted. Interesting though.

Any ban on SWIFT could stimulate usage of Russia's alternative -- the System for Transfer of Financial Messages. Introduced in response to the first threat of a SWIFT ban for Russia, usage of the system has grown domestically but has not yet been widely adopted internationally.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...t-payments-dollar-could-impact-energy-exports

At the end of 2020, 23 foreign banks connected to the SPFS from Armenia, Belarus, Germany, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Switzerland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPFS

The Mirror are reporting that multi-millionaire disaster capitalist/part-time MP Jacob Rees Mogg has financial links to one of the already sanctioned Russian oligarchs (Mirror).

PS I’m not a fan of linking to tabloids, but I assume they’ve fact checked it. He’s certainly very far from the only one in that party tainted with dictatorship money.
I read he'd only recently pulled £44 million from one on the banks- no doubt after getting a heads up...

We haven’t had Farrage, Sir Desmond Swayne or Daniel Hannan blaming the invasion of Ukraine on the EU yet. Banks and his second hand Russian internet bride are keeping their heads down in case anyone brings up again the number of visits he made to the Russian embassy while they planned the take down of Britain’s EU membership.

From the FT live blog.

Russians in Moscow and other cities have been rushing to take out cash after western allies moved to cut some of the country’s banks from the Swift global payments system .. Late on Saturday, some people sat at empty ATMs waiting for fresh batches of cash to arrive, as fears grew over whether they would be able to pay for goods and services using Visa and Mastercard. “I want to have a month-worth of cash in case there are technical glitches with cards. I already had problems paying for a taxi with Google pay yesterday,” said Ekaterina, a Moscow resident ... “People are panicking,” said a banker at a western bank in Moscow. “But their cash withdrawals are harming Russia, the banks’ liquidity is falling.”

I read he'd only recently pulled £44 million from one on the banks- no doubt after getting a heads up...

It baffles me how someone who’s primary job is clearly financial market shenanigans can masquerade as an MP without being charged with ‘insider-dealing’. It is abundantly clear MPs have access to information they can profit from. He is far from alone in his party. I am certain many of them take the role of MP purely for the information, contacts and influence it brings. Farage is well documented as having made misleading statements around the Brexit referendum results that directly influenced financial markets (Bloomberg, New European). Why that didn’t put him in jail for a very long time is beyond me. Our whole political system is corrupt to its core. Just a facade behind which a wealthy elite are running their banditry.

I wonder how long it will be before Putin announces that he will consider the supply of weapons to Ukraine as a direct act of aggression.

Homosvietus putinus is very very afraid of Nato. His army is not strong enough to face 28 countries at the same time. So..I do not think he will use this as a pretext but just as propaganda inside Russia. If he survive this discrace invasion.

To be fair to the toffish twit he offloaded his investments in one of the banks subsequently sanctioned so obviously no insider dealing there none whatsoever.

Freeze his assets! We can only dream..

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back