advertisement

@igor_xxxx how does the Denon compare with the SPU?

Well, he still kind of has the SPU #1 - won't return it unless I go there and pick it up. :p

I have, on occasions, thought about getting a posher version as you put it!

Igor and I are both very partial to both the aesthetics of the headshell and the improvement over the stock DL-103 it brings. While Denon says this is not just a DL-103 + headshell, I feel comfort in the fact we may be able to just swap in a new DL-103 once this one wears out.

The Denon anniversary editions have typically been very special. I am hitting myself for missing the one 10 years ago, and am still debating about pulling the finger on an DL-A100 over on eBay. For people who like/love the DL-103, and have tonearms with removable headshells, I urge you to look for a DL-A110 while they are (somewhat) still available.

Latest addition, I loved the little Atom, but this has made a huge difference. The first Accuphase piece I’ve ever tried, and love it, pairs so nicely with the W8s.
51889491486_d9a3c5c35d_b.jpg

Latest addition, I loved the little Atom, but this has made a huge difference. The first Accuphase piece I’ve ever tried, and love it, pairs so nicely with the W8s.
51889491486_d9a3c5c35d_b.jpg
Gosh ! I use not to like the vu meters and other lights on amps but this one is soooooo nice ! Even more true when the room’s lighting is half faded........
Honey, are you sure we still have to invest in RRSP ???!!! o_O

Thanks everybody, as some might know, I’ve been through Titan 707, Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC option, and I’ve never reached true happiness, until this system. I love that is the bottom of the range (something I liked about the Atom, I refused to let myself get bitten by the Naim upgrade bug, and I love the bass/treble adjustment, I reduce the bass by 2 stops, and increase the balance to the left speaker as I tend to lay on the sofa to the right (I’m done with sitting central).
51889895379_757c1efac2_b.jpg

Thanks everybody, as some might know, I’ve been through Titan 707, Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC option, and I’ve never reached true happiness, until this system. I love that is the bottom of the range (something I liked about the Atom, I refused to let myself get bitten by the Naim upgrade bug, and I love the bass/treble adjustment, I reduce the bass by 2 stops, and increase the balance to the left speaker as I tend to lay on the sofa to the right (I’m done with sitting central).
. Nice amplifier,but where are the sources? The Accuphase has a built in streamer?

Your lawn is in tip top condition!

it’s a beast that, larger than the ‘speakers! Lovely room and garden.

...I refused to let myself get bitten by the Naim upgrade bug, and I love the bass/treble adjustment...

Agree on both, I don't like brands that offer upgrades on their models. It's a way of saying we are going to take your money all your life! I know I don't have to do it but knowing myself I would do it so I've kept myself away from all those brands, I have components in my setup for 20 years with no change at all. EQ is also great to have, so many people spend thousands on cables to change their sound but they can't stand EQ...o_O

Thanks guys and girls for all the really nice comments and likes, I appreciate its not the pinnacle, and is put in the shade by other peoples systems on here, it works for me. One conclusion I have is that I would be very dubious of having an amplifier without tone controls again, they allow me to have the speakers closer to the wall, which helps keep marital bliss!

PS Cereal Murderer, the 707s and Gryphon merged into this;

51891253933_d736dc5f63_b.jpg

@Weiss-Man I can't believe the speed at which decent quality hifi passes through your home! :D

Hopefully you've reached a point where there's no further 'itch'. The Boenickes are fab (I've heard them at a demo). The Accuphase reminds of those superb vintage Marantz receivers

Yeah, ugly blighter isn’t she!! Can’t wait for the salt to disappear and give it a go. As ugly as the Gryphon was! :eek:

advertisement

Back