advertisement

Favourite new album releases of 2022

Classical..

CD-cover-Minkoski-Mozart-Mitridate-Re-di-Ponto.jpg

Maybe not my favourite (I have to skip the creepy Jim Carrey interludes), but I’ve played the Weeknd’s Dawn FM plenty. Some nasty art direction...

Super slick sounds with executive production from OPN, an absurdly dark theme, and more of those hooky choruses that buy you a 70 million dollar house.

I imagine alt J : The Dream will be high up my fav album releases of this year when it comes out on Feb 11th, until then I’ll satisfy my alt J addiction with their recent new single from the album

Bonus mark for spotting the Oppenheimer quote on the wall in this Ohrwurm...

If we’re putting towels down, here’s Whatever The Weather, an ‘ambient-minded’ project from north London’s finest, Loraine James...

(Limited sunburst orange edition pre-ordered from Bleep.)

I imagine alt J : The Dream will be high up my fav album releases of this year when it comes out on Feb 11th, until then I’ll satisfy my alt J addiction with their recent new single from the album

Really enjoying their new single. Hope the rest of the album is on par. Loved their first album and seen them live a couple of times.

Cheers BB

Seems a bit harsh, hadn't listened to anything from them for over 20yrs now.........

Regards

Richard

I have more tracks by them (at least on the NAS) than any other artist. I have seen them live loads of times.

Tracks Artist
413 Eels
249 The Clash
192 The Jesus & Mary Chain
186 T. Rex 9:14:00 3.60 GB
175 Belle & Sebastian 11:00:31 4.63 GB
165 Elvis Costello 8:02:53 3.06 GB
157 Johnny Cash 8:15:19 2.69 GB
153 Yello 10:02:59 4.59 GB
141 The Beautiful South 9:11:33 3.43 GB
133 The Smiths 7:58:03 3.50 GB

advertisement