advertisement

Scam warning

Beware! Scam!
The User Robert900 has send me the following message and i was stupid enough to think he really had an amp for sale and sent him money:

Contact Jeremy,he has a Myst TMA3 for sale,here's his gmail [email protected]

I did some research and this guy is doing the same on different forums (check the mailadress).

I got the same type of PM this morning also attempting to direct me to the same email address. Definitely a scammer. Seems it’s now gone from my conversation history so I guess someone is watching keenly over the site today.

Last edited:
Definitely watch for the above scam and use the conversation report feature. We are getting a few at present and I can’t do much as they are IP spoofing etc.

View anyone with under 50 posts as a noob/provisional member. Our 50 post security criteria is the best defence any forum has as scammers are way too thick/lazy to write that number of intelligent posts just to inevitably get caught and exposed as soon as they scam someone. This security works so please use it. Just report any PMs and I’ll delete the account.

Same experience here this morning.
Reported.
I have a wanted ad in classified, as soon as I mentioned picture,details dates and receipts all went quiet.

Beware! Scam!
The User Robert900 has send me the following message and i was stupid enough to think he really had an amp for sale and sent him money:

Contact Jeremy,he has a Myst TMA3 for sale,here's his gmail [email protected]

I did some research and this guy is doing the same on different forums (check the mailadress).

He has cropped up again contacted by an aaron987 to contact Jeremy with a Vinyl One for sale, then tried to reckon his wife had one as well, the picture was of the one at Audio Emotion.

Just got this message from Marvin00 - new member - in response to a wanted ad. Suspicious to me…

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Tommi
He mentioned he had a Rega Io for sale. Hit him up [email protected], he might still have what you looking for.
Cheers Mate and stay safe

Just got this message from Marvin00 - new member - in response to a wanted ad. Suspicious to me…

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Tommi
He mentioned he had a Rega Io for sale. Hit him up [email protected], he might still have what you looking for.
Cheers Mate and stay safe
Post this in the classifieds as well, as not all members get these notifications.

I have had server i want to buy offers from new members, especially on low value say £100, items. Thinking it is best to refuse to sell to new members. All payment options other than cash look subject to charge back risk

advertisement

Back