advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really something you can impute on others given your LFC fixation but hey no .

I treat Liverpool and United equally, actually. The problem is that Liverpool's fans are just so quick to respond to any criticism, emerging like a gathering smog to cloud the issues. I made no mention of Liverpool in that post and yet you responded, mentioning Liverpool. The United fans haven't posted much in the last decade - not sure why.

No you have a very definite slant on both Liverpool and UTD as you say but any mention of this is you on the defensive . You claim that the Op was fixated on City but you are also fixated on Liverpool and as you say UTD . I have no problem with this it is your fixation but you need to accept this . Your picking on another poster for doing the same thing you do is neither fair or honest . It is self delusion . I do not pick on City but fully recognise that I do have harsh and probably unfair things to say about UTD . I own this and accept my myopia . You refuse to even acknowledge that you do and this is my point . I would prefer to just talk about the football and leave at that . At this point I fully accept that City are by far the better team than Liverpool and can live with that . We will chase but I also accept that we are very unlikely to catch them . The things mentioned are accurate about the set up of City's finances and how the owners are trying to hide their support . Personally I think the rules about Financial Fair Play should be dropped and leave those that want to spend what they can afford just do it . But I like you am just a supporter and have no say in what the rules are and why they are in place . I am honest and solid in being a Liverpool supporter and it will probably never change till I die . I am not really bothered or worried about what other fans want to say about the club or the players that is their view . What is wrong is to make these statements and then accuse others of what you do yourself I am not being responding to any criticism about Liverpool I am responding to you accusing others of what you do yourself and then hiding behind this pretence .

I treat Liverpool and United equally, actually. The problem is that Liverpool's fans are just so quick to respond to any criticism, emerging like a gathering smog to cloud the issues. I made no mention of Liverpool in that post and yet you responded, mentioning Liverpool. The United fans haven't posted much in the last decade - not sure why.

No you don’t, you like rack kit have an unnatural fascination with LFC fans on this site which tarnishes your halo’s. I’m surprised you spend so much time deriding LFC when I would have thought your focus would have been on the red part of Manchester given all the years they ruled over City

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the answer I gave some moments ago. Is it defensive to ask for a full investigation and charges brought? I have no problem if City are guilty of something but this article is one of the worst pieces I have ever read, to be honest, repeating itself often and not really being very clear on what it is accusing City of. I have said before that the accusations against the actions of the City ownership are borne of the tribalism of football and that those that bring those accusations are, generally, uninvolved in international charity or human rights issues. Similarly, I will poke about the issues around Liverpool's sponsor and the deliberate destruction of land values around Anfield because of tribalism, not because I work in housing or charity. The only reason for my issues with Liverpool is simply because of their fans mistaken belief that they are special and their club is special.

I have always been very clear on my feelings about other clubs: ideally, I would like Liverpool to lose every single time they play. But, if they play United, I want them to win; I think that is a really clear statement. I do not carry the same feelings about other clubs and that will be because four decades of my life were spent in the North West with two dominant teams. Fortunately, neither are now dominant.

Last edited:
Slightly disappointing draw against Stoke but we should have had a man sent off & them a penalty. We are currently unable to hold a lead. Players needed in transfer window but highly unlikely.

Lamps to Everton? Would seems an odd appointment. Any bets on how long he’ll be there….
I don't see why he shouldn't do a good job.
His only remit in the short term will be to ensure Everton's continuation in the PL.
In the summer he will have the opportunity to strengthen and impose his chosen style of play.
I'm sure if he learnt one thing at Chelsea it was not to fall out with and alienate key players.
I think I'm right in saying Everton have only taken 1 point from there last 6 matches (at Chelsea) - difficult to imagine that he won't improve on that.

I hope Lampard does well. I liked him as a player at West Ham, Chelsea and City and he comes across as a professional who loves the game.

Reactions: NRG
No you don’t, you like rack kit have an unnatural fascination with LFC fans on this site which tarnishes your halo’s. I’m surprised you spend so much time deriding LFC when I would have thought your focus would have been on the red part of Manchester given all the years they ruled over City

Hey, don’t bring me into this - i love the city of Liverpool and the people who live there.

I don’t even mind the ones who support Liverpool. :D

Seems strange to fire Rafa then appoint a manager whose only track record is one of non-success. I would have thought Sam Allardyce would have been their best bet, but they may not have sufficient beer. Every time I’ve been to Goodson they’ve never had any beer…

Lamps to Everton? Would seems an odd appointment. Any bets on how long he’ll be there….
It’s another sign of an owner who hasn’t got a decent long term plan. Rooney did well staying away from it. He can’t lose at Derby but will be learning more about management where he his than anywhere else.

Seems strange to fire Rafa then appoint a manager whose only track record is one of non-success. I would have thought Sam Allardyce would have been their best bet, but they may not have sufficient beer. Every time I’ve been to Goodson they’ve never had any beer…
Said it before, Sean Dyche would be Everton’s best bet. The bloke has done brilliant with barely any money given to him. He’d be Moyes mk2 and look what he did there.

Said it before, Sean Dyche would be Everton’s best bet. The bloke has done brilliant with barely any money given to him. He’d be Moyes mk2 and look what he did there.

It’s not a bad shout at all. Not sure anyone sensible would go there. Bruce maybe. I don’t see Frank as the answer to many questions.

I imagine most Everton fans would be looking for a bit more than 'hoofball'.

From the BBC website https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60174330
He guided Chelsea to fourth place and the FA Cup final in his first season in charge but a run of five defeats in eight games saw him sacked by owner Roman Abramovich.

Lampard's points-per-game average of 1.67 is the lowest of any permanent Chelsea manager in the Premier League.

During the Abramovich era, only Andre Villas-Boas (47.5%) has a worse win rate than Lampard's 52.4%, in all competitions among permanent Chelsea bosses
I wish him well in the coming months, but I think it will depend on the team he takes with him. Steven Gerrard is the frontman at Villa, but Michael Beale is the tactical brain and Macallister is the old head. Not entirely sure what Austin McPhee's role is, but he seems highly regarded. My worry about Lampard is that he doesn't have experience of scrapping near the bottom of the league, and that's very firmly where Everton are on recent results.

I wish him well in the coming months, but I think it will depend on the team he takes with him. Steven Gerrard is the frontman at Villa, but Michael Beale is the tactical brain and Macallister is the old head. Not entirely sure what Austin McPhee's role is, but he seems highly regarded. My worry about Lampard is that he doesn't have experience of scrapping near the bottom of the league, and that's very firmly where Everton are on recent results.
Well, he’s going to have to learn pretty damn quick. Everton are in that dog fight now, not sure if some of their players know it or are up for it.

I imagine most Everton fans would be looking for a bit more than 'hoofball'.

Everton fans are a hard, almost impossible bunch to please at the best of times. All the problems have come at a time when their Red rivals across the road are currently one of the best teams around. They need to reset their expectation levels and start looking at things for what they are really are. It’s a mess up their despite the huge recent spending now at half a billion. Half a billion.

Hope that at the least Lampard can keep Everton up which would be good for the City . I have doubts about his long term credentials unless he is allowed to shape the general set up of Everton from top to bottom. If Lampard is still going to be saddled with a back room staff that have been part of the failure of the club over the last few years then it just means things will stay the same and this will all happen again in a year to two years time . While I do admire the loyalty and sense of club commitment shown it has now been shown to be misplaced and a complete new approach with time and power to change the set up long term . I doubt very much this will happen but you never know .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back