advertisement

Enjoying the placebo effect and my imagination

Zombie

pfm Member
Connected a linear PSU to the switch connected to my streamer.
Now I enjoy a clearly audible improvement in digital music reproduction. Less sibilance, clearer soundstage and blackness.
Enjoying the placebo effect and my imagination fully until the effect wears off.

I use random play which increases the probability for songs I don't play too often. This in turn increases the imagination effect. I love audiophilia!

Just swapped out my cheap generic 3mm speaker cable for some 4mm Van Damme Pro Studio Grade. I could swear the sound is a bit fuller though I have a pretty good understanding about how electricity works so happy to except that it's all in my head.
Still, an improvements an improvement whether real or imagined....

TS

I'm totally down with the idea that if you think something is better even if there's no actual difference that you still feels the effects. What we experience is what we hear plus emotion, not just what we hear.

I'm just not prepared to spend money on achieving the trick.

Only bought the Van Damme speaker cable because I wanted something that looked more appropriately expensive with my Stirling LS3/5A V3s without actually being expensive.
Was about to pull the trigger on some new 2.5m Blue Pro Studio when the 4mm popped up in the classifieds at exactly the right lengths for a great price.
The very definition of a "no brainer"
TS

Does it have a usb out or are we forced to use a totally different Interface? I'll bring your x16 and my A18

Connected a linear PSU to the switch connected to my streamer.
Now I enjoy a clearly audible improvement in digital music reproduction. Less sibilance, clearer soundstage and blackness.
Enjoying the placebo effect and my imagination fully until the effect wears off.

I find making before/after recordings useful for evaluating changes. An iPhone mic is more than adequate for capturing the improvement if it truly exists.

advertisement

Back