advertisement

Anybody running a McLaren 650/570?

I have found BMW dealers to be very good, servicing is expensive though. Had a bad experience at a Honda garage which put me off.

Do people really still enjoy driving that much anymore? The novelty has completely worn off for me. All I ever seem to do is get stuck in traffic, doesn’t matter how fast your car is then.

I hope it all goes well for Lotus. The worlds needs another reasonable priced mid-engined car brand

IMHO, Lotus isn't bringing a reasonably priced mid-engine brand with the Emira at £75k. Unless they have a new 4-pot on the way for less than the cost of a Boxster. :)

Do people really still enjoy driving that much anymore? The novelty has completely worn off for me. All I ever seem to do is get stuck in traffic, doesn’t matter how fast your car is then.
Where do you live, and where do you drive? If you live in say, Woking, I can sympathise. If you live in Masham, you need to try harder! :)

move house

Away from the sea ? No way, I spend most of my time in the summer months out at sea going as fast as like where I like with nobody in my way.

what car do you drive?

Mainly my VW T6 work van. I do own a Golf GTD but drive it about once a fortnight when I need to go somewhere in it. Bought it as an ex demo in 2014 and will keep it till it dies.

My comment wasn’t meant to wind anyone up it’s just that I know a lot of people with fast cars expensive that don’t really do any more with then than I do with mine. Each to their own.

South Devon. I spend most of my summer time out at sea where I enjoy going as fast as I want where I want. It’s the best place to be to avoid all the caravans and motorhomes that clog up the roads
Yeah, bloody tourists bringing money to an area with few industries… ;)

IMHO, Lotus isn't bringing a reasonably priced mid-engine brand with the Emira at £75k. Unless they have a new 4-pot on the way for less than the cost of a Boxster. :)

It is compared to a Ferrari or Lambo :) :)

Anyone taking it to Porsche is good in my book. I'm a bit worried the expectations are too high on Lotus. I was watching a YouTube video of buyer of one of the final year Elises. If he went round a corner too fast, the panel holding the Start button fell out :)

Pistonheads not the place, surprisingly Seloc or Lotus on track might put you amongst the right circles.

It depends where you are. I've been commuting weekly to N Wales from Leeds, it's been great. However they now want me in Suffolk and that commute is going to be painful. A1 south to Cambridge, then across, returning Friday night in time for the queues at various towns an route for Cambridge, then the horrors of the A1 northbound. Aaaaargh...

It depends where you are. I've been commuting weekly to N Wales from Leeds, it's been great. However they now want me in Suffolk and that commute is going to be painful. A1 south to Cambridge, then across, returning Friday night in time for the queues at various towns an route for Cambridge, then the horrors of the A1 northbound. Aaaaargh...

Enjoy. No way around that on a Friday evening. Roadworks east of Cambridge too, 50mph limits.

The 4 pot starts at £60k. Hardly cheap but not much to compete on looks and handling IMO

So my sister got a phonecall from McLaren sometime before Christmas, it went a little something like this,
"Good Morning Mrs Rutherford, we are delighted to receive your order, in order to process your order and to start work on your car we need a deposit of £18,000 (something like that, I can't remember the exact figure) " to which Ruth replied "what!!!??" , then the guy says
" Yes, Mrs R your husband Thomas has ordered a 'such and such' model on our online car builder"
Ruth said "Thomas? You mean Tommy my 8 year old son?" , Ruth apologised but the guy just laughed.
Turns out my nephew Tommy who's 8 went onto their website where you can choose your model, colour, wheels, extras, etc and had ordered himself a new car, lol, good job he didn't have Ruth's credit card, previously him and his sister had went onto a clothes shopping website, Next perhaps, and spent over £2k on new clothes using their mums credit card, though my niece did pick something for her mum, :p

I've got a toyota auris hybrid, the mclaren doesn't have 5 seats. But if I had the coinage I'd get the 720s.

advertisement

Back