advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

After todays trip to The Detailing Shack in Preston I just had to try out my new goods and wash the car :D Some nice additions to my new ‘car care’ shelving units ;)

So simple citrus pre-wash, rinse, alloys & wheel arches cleaned & rinsed, car snowfoamed (KKD snow foam is very good, very happy with that and even after just one wash, better than the Bilt Hamber I’ve just run out of), rinsed, hand washed, rinsed, towel dried, glass treated, all door shuts & tailgate shuts towel dried, all tyres treated with the new Gyeon tyre gel (really impressed with this, dries really quickly) and then I’ve applied liberal amounts of Gummipfledge to all the door & tailgate seals as they’re dry and letting a bit of wind noise through when at motorway speeds etc

After todays trip to The Detailing Shack in Preston I just had to try out my new goods and wash the car :D Some nice additions to my new ‘car care’ shelving units ;)

So simple citrus pre-wash, rinse, alloys & wheel arches cleaned & rinsed, car snowfoamed (KKD snow foam is very good, very happy with that and even after just one wash, better than the Bilt Hamber I’ve just run out of), rinsed, hand washed, rinsed, towel dried, glass treated, all door shuts & tailgate shuts towel dried, all tyres treated with the new Gyeon tyre gel (really impressed with this, dries really quickly) and then I’ve applied liberal amounts of Gummipfledge to all the door & tailgate seals as they’re dry and letting a bit of wind noise through when at motorway speeds etc

Bloody hell man , You could open a shop with that lot :eek:

I’d love a ‘Cruiser. Might be tempted one day.

The vehicle is a Prado Toyota 3 Ltr TD auto ,Lovely thing 23 years old and a genuine 113.000 miles , Under 5K per year , Owned by 2 doctors ( Father and Son ) then me :)

@AudioAl you'd only need to do a 4 mile round trip to the village and your car would look like that around here, the roads are filthy at the moment and greasy, but that's the winter and rural roads for you.
I always view people who are not prepared to look after their stuff as either lazy or part of the easy come/ easy go sector, doesn't matter if its cars, houses, hifi, etc

I don't know what is going on this winter but my van never gets as bad as it is now, none of the weather we've had seems out of the ordinary and my driving hasn't changed. I mean, I get about a bit but then I always do.

Nice collection of cleaning kit there and the car looks immaculate.

Good work.

Cheers, Rack.

@hifilover1979 are you using a short trigger with your power washer? They look easier to manage especially if they have a rotating connector to help stop the hose reel from curling up and knocking against the car. That’s a problem I have with the standard set up with the Nilfisk. Thinking of getting a better lie flat hose with standard (1/4?) connectors to get more choice of attachments for it.

Cheers, Rack.

@hifilover1979 are you using a short trigger with your power washer? They look easier to manage especially if they have a rotating connector to help stop the hose reel from curling up and knocking against the car. That’s a problem I have with the standard set up with the Nilfisk. Thinking of getting a better lie flat hose with standard (1/4?) connectors to get more choice of attachments for it.

Cheers, Rack.

Yup; I’ve got this kit

https://www.directhoses.net/collect...ose-with-short-trigger-with-quick-fit-nozzles

Makes life much easier and no tangles at all.

10m hose is perfect too and the short trigger is superb, much better than the Nilfisk lance etc

Did the van yesterday as you couldn't read the plates or even touch it without getting filthy. Given the motor a quick flick over today, it only gets used once in a blue moon so it had gathered crap like only unused cars seem to manage, interior scrubs up well for the mileage. Couldn't hoover it out as I have no external power/water.

It's probably the nicest driving motor I've owned, although it can be a bit harsh on our crap roads at times- I might get them to look over all the suspension joints/bushes when it goes for a service and MOT at end of March to see if anything is on the way out.

Nice looking 330i there, condition looks great. What's the milage as it looks mint from the pictures.

Re the ride quality, what pressures are you running? On my E91 320D I'm not using run flats so have 2.1bar on the front and 2.6 at the rear. The ride definitely improved at these pressures.

Last edited:
Nice looking 330i there, condition looks great. What's the milage as it looks mint condition from the pictures.

Re the ride quality, what pressures are you running? On my E91 320D I'm not using run flats so have 2.1bar on the front and 2.6 at the rear. The ride definitely improved at these pressures.

It's on 108k I think, pictures can be deceiving, front end is covered in stone chips.

I already run the pressures at the lower end of recommended, plus I jumped a size in sidewall profile to help it even more. It's still a touch too hard/crashy for my liking, but then on a lovely road surface it feels worth it- for ten minutes lol.

It's on 108k I think, pictures can be deceiving, front end is covered in stone chips.

I already run the pressures at the lower end of recommended, plus I jumped a size in sidewall profile to help it even more. It's still a touch too hard/crashy for my liking, but then on a lovely road surface it feels worth it- for ten minutes lol.
My pressures are slightly up on recommended after doing some reading up on a BMW forum about them and they were right, it actually rides better. They aren't too high to cause wear in the middle of of the tyre though. Might be worth giving it a go.

My pressures are slightly up on recommended after doing some reading up on a BMW forum about them and they were right, it actually rides better. They aren't too high to cause wear in the middle of of the tyre though. Might be worth giving it a go.

I'll have a play, I know that when I put these tyres on and went straight for the recommended pressure it was very crashy, so I lowered them a bit. I'll have to check what they are as I haven't looked in ages, like I said I hardly use it.

advertisement

Back