advertisement

Power on delay

killie99

pfm Member
Looking for advice on the best way to do this.
I have 2 5v power supplies I want to control from 1 power switch but I want there to be a 2 second delay between the 2 supplies switching on - not strictly true, I want a 2 second delay on the outputs of the supplies being applied to the devices they are attached to.
So, is it better (easier/simpler) to delay the application of 240Vac to the supplies or delay the 5Vdc being applied to device requiring power? The device I want delayed will need 5V @ 3A.

Would one of these off ebay be suitable or feel free to recommend something else, including using 2 power buttons if that's the most sensible thing to do:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19464021...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Sorted then. Erm... you delay the 240V with the module you linked to! First 5V supply powers module which delays 240V by up to 10S, adjustable by the preset on the board, switched via the relay to power the second 5V supply.

Doh! So 'COM' would be neutral, 'CK' live in, and 'CB' live out on the control board?

NO!!

Only one wire from the mains is switched. You will have to check it with a multimeter but it appears to have single pole changeover contacts, allowing normally on or normally off.

So, live to relay then out again to load. Neutral connects straight to load and is not connected to the board.

I had assumed the ‘COM’ terminal was just a common terminal and not connected to anything so neutral in and out wires would be connected to it? I’ll order one and check it before I connect anything up.

I had assumed the ‘COM’ terminal was just a common terminal and not connected to anything so neutral in and out wires would be connected to it? I’ll order one and check it before I connect anything up.

NO!!

Do it as I say above or it will go bang spectacularly.

Don’t panic, I’ll check it before I blow anything up. I’ll let you know how it goes and post a pic of the flames should it all go wrong!

advertisement

Back