advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
She can have it. It's f**kin' horrible.

39921516-9316209-The_founder_and_director_of_Soane_Britain_designs_and_makes_Brit-m-174_1614704790625.jpg

Although, no steaming may be necessary.

Boris Johnson’s ‘£840-a-roll’ wallpaper ‘keeps falling down’
Xrexes the great has a £6.99 bottle of Australian red?

It looks like Johnson will (as ever) brazen it out with semantics and deflections and a list of executions as lengthy as it takes. Johnson’s advisers will tell them “we need you to resign but we also need you to emote for the cameras, like Allegra. We’ll be organising run- throughs and a prize for the best performance”.

DAG's thoughts on the Sue Gray enquiry. Its all very "Yes, Minister"

https://davidallengreen.com/2022/01/some-thoughts-about-the-sue-gray-investigation/

When you read this bit, it makes the Met’s refusal to investigate until Ms.Gray has reported, all the more farcical:

“The Sue Gray investigation – the terms of reference are here – is a curious thing.
It is, ultimately, an internal investigation by one civil servant, who reports to ministers, of other civil servants and various advisors and third parties.

It is not a quasi-judicial process and it has no independent standing.
Yet: it has been accorded substantial political force, and it is being used by ministers and others as an excuse not to be properly accountable to parliament”.

It won’t shift public opinion that Johnson is dishonest and living by a different set of rules to the rest of us.

I do hope they get on with this.
I wouldn't want Putin to invade the Ukraine or Xi Jinping to sink our battle ship before its all settled.

Just seen a certain Mrs T May and hubby out shopping. You would have thought she would need surgery to remove a grin - but not so, still looking a humour free zone.

When you read this bit, it makes the Met’s refusal to investigate until Ms.Gray has reported, all the more farcical:

“The Sue Gray investigation – the terms of reference are here – is a curious thing.
It is, ultimately, an internal investigation by one civil servant, who reports to ministers, of other civil servants and various advisors and third parties.

It is not a quasi-judicial process and it has no independent standing.
Yet: it has been accorded substantial political force, and it is being used by ministers and others as an excuse not to be properly accountable to parliament”.

It won’t shift public opinion that Johnson is dishonest and living by a different set of rules to the rest of us.

This government term has removed any doubt I once had that the police is a highly political force. The fact they have refused to investigate simply massive levels of Tory corruption, refused to investigate obvious rule-breaking during covid 19, refused to investigate royal pedophilia etc whilst metering out real violence to peaceful protests etc leaves little doubt.

I have never had any respect for the Tory establishment. It stands firmly against democracy and accountability as it has for centuries, but I always thought our law and order had a basis in fairness. I now view the Met as a corrupt entity. A violent wing of the Tory Party. I fully support Good Law Project and hope they sue the living shit out of them. Cressida Dick is a monster, absolutely unfit for the role she occupies. This has been obvious since the murder of Jean Charles DeMenezes and if anything the spiral has been downwards ever since. Given the obvious post-Brexit trajectory into right-wing authoritarianism and erosion of basic human rights and civil liberties I genuinely fear for the future.

Surely if they had to sneak to alcohol into Downing Street in a suitcase then they must have know they were doing something wrong. I would also be interested if the booze was paid by the taxman. Was it claimed as expenses.

I would also be interested if the booze was paid by the taxman. Was it claimed as expenses.

If we know just one thing about the UK Conservative Party it is that it never pays its own bills. I’d be astonished if this whole thing hasn’t been underwritten by the tax payer, as will be the very real cost of their ongoing defence of the indefensible. We’ve seen it countless times before e.g. the multimillionaire IDS ringing-up £40 breakfasts etc whilst driving disabled people on benefits to suicide due to poverty.

Surely if they had to sneak to alcohol into Downing Street in a suitcase then they must have know they were doing something wrong. I would also be interested if the booze was paid by the taxman. Was it claimed as expenses.
One thing’s certain- Johnson didn’t pay for it. He’s a kept man. Other people pay.
His office is leaking like a sieve with credible details of the tactics he will use to shift blame away from himself and onto members of his staff. The arrival of Ozzy con artist ‘Sir’ Lynton Crosby to take charge of the scam should be a warning to employees at No.10. If the dirty racist campaign he organised against Saddiq Khan in the London Mayoral election demonstrates anything it’s that he’ll be prepared to knife any number of them in the back and throw the bodies off the battlements to protect Johnson.

Last edited:
Will BJ, like all good dictators, be checking the time tables of busses so that there is a steady stream of them for Civil Servants to go under?

The Observer editorial isn't holding back on either Boris or the Tories. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-view-on-boris-johnson-contempt-for-the-truth
It was patently obvious what sort of prime minister he would be; no one could credibly argue that there was a senior Tory less well suited to govern Britain. Yet Conservative MPs still crowned him leader in 2019. Enough of them thought he cared too little about the union, allowing him to ruthlessly pursue a hard Brexit and that his loose-with-the-truth style of campaigning could win them a general election in the same way it did the EU referendum. An incompetent, corrupt and rotten prime minister was the bargain they were prepared to make, the cost they were all too willing to impose on the whole country.
Prime minister Boris Johnson is a creation of the modern Conservative party. Tory MPs propelled this charlatan to No 10 entirely because it suited their narrow interests, with no regard for the consequences for the country. It is extraordinary how little contrition many of those who backed him have shown. Johnson’s resignation is not enough: the Conservative party itself must be held accountable for his disastrous premiership.

I do hope they get on with this.
I wouldn't want Putin to invade the Ukraine or Xi Jinping to sink our battle ship before its all settled.
Nothing like a good war to get you off the hook! Thatcher position was quite precarious until the Falklands saved her. I still wonder about the Belgrano’s sinking on her direct order…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back