advertisement

New transport/streamer with i2s output

Mat C

pfm Member
I have been long waiting for a streamer or transport with i2s output (get rid of USB which needs tons of accessories to help improving its SQ), and this small one looks attractive supports lot of streaming platforms..

Wonder why the manufacturers still cannot standardize i2s....each has own choice of connection (rj45 or HDMI) and pin assignment, which makes the development much slower than USB.

https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/omnia-stream-mini/?v=79cba1185463

Reactions: ask
Any RPi with Pi2AES board will put out an I2S signal on hdmi cable. I run two with MoOde installed as the OS, and am very happy with the sound quality into a PS Audio DSJr. I'd be interested in trying a Denafrips Pontus at some point.

Any RPi with Pi2AES board will put out an I2S signal on hdmi cable. I run two with MoOde installed as the OS, and am very happy with the sound quality into a PS Audio DSJr. I'd be interested in trying a Denafrips Pontus at some point.

I now use a Allo DigiOne on pi and would like to try Pi2AES ... however my new Aqua DAC i2s input uses RJ45 not HDMI....

I now use a Allo DigiOne on pi and would like to try Pi2AES ... however my new Aqua DAC i2s input uses RJ45 not HDMI....
As luck would have it I also use the Aqua La Scala and all it took to match it with the Metrum was a £12 “rollover” cable.

As luck would have it I also use the Aqua La Scala and all it took to match it with the Metrum was a £12 “rollover” cable.

Thanks for sharing, mine is Aqua La Voce S2, so I guess it works with Metrum Ambre i2s too. I also found a post the guy connects to Sonner Hermes (brother of Ambre) and attached a pin-2-pin connection diagram. However, either price is a bit too high to me as their core is not much more than a Pi.. I think I will give Pi2AES a try, which has high C/P.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aqua-la-voce-s2-dac.729303/page-2

J5kZqWXbxNuYxra47

Hi, any suggestion on which pins on Pi2AES to Aqua LRCK, SLCLK, DATA? Thanks.

J5kZqWXbxNuYxra47

Google “Dummies guide to the Pi2aes” and it will take you to a thread where you can probably get the info you’re looking for. The maker of the product frequents this thread.

advertisement

Back