Roger Waters

graystoke4

pfm Member
Is this the life we really want.
well that's the album title,
it's dark ,deep, cuts right to the bone, he is pouring his hart out,
again produced v-well, sounds fab
turn it up ,

I caught the tour for this in 2018 and loved the show. I bought the live dvd but haven’t got round to listening to the studio album yet. Thanks for the reminder - I’ll give it a go.

I really love Roger Waters’s voice. Really present and emotive. His albums have moments of brilliance that make them worth listening to.

I started to watch the video of the live show but had to give up - his voice is completely shot.

Whilst Waters Floyd, Pros and Cons and Amused to Death are among my very favourite LPs I was a little disappointed by Is this the life, I'd rank it along with Radio Chaos, after seeing him live a few times and those gigs being amongst the best I've ever attended I was very disappointed by the band and more so the hypocrisy obvious at the 2018 Hyde Park show.

This one took a little getting used to for me. Didn't like it at first and gave up. I then returned to it (don't ask why? It must have intrigued me on an unconscious level lol) and it's become one of my favourite albums - not just of his, but of anyone. So much so, I went and bought it on bright green vinyl! Ok... so I didn't know it was going to be bright green, but ~I love that it is lol .

Hi, can we have a bit more on the 2018 hyde park show, thanks,

I thought the band was poor, 2nd rate in comparison with the earlier band that played with him on the DSOTM Anniversary tour and the In the Flesh tour, you couldn't compare his latest band to musicians like Snowy White, Andy Fairweather Low, Lloyd Brammel III, etc, and especially the backing singers, very noticeable on The Greatest Gig, etc
At the end of the gig there was political messages on the large screen, Stop Plastic in our Oceans (which I'm in 100% agreement with) as we walked out over a actual physical sea of plastic beer and water bottles ( at lol price each) .... needless to say I'll not be going again..

Last edited:
As previously mentioned, far too much of his political views/opinions, spoils the concerts especially. If the music cannot match up to standard then leave the political stuff out or pack up/retire.

As previously mentioned, far too much of his political views/opinions, spoils the concerts especially. If the music cannot match up to standard then leave the political stuff out or pack up/retire.
Or people who don't like his politics could just jog on, and listen to Morrisey.

I thought the band was poor, 2nd rate in comparison with the earlier band that played with him on the DSOTM Anniversary tour and the In the Flesh tour, you couldn't compare his latest band to musicians like Snowy White, Andy Fairweather Low, Lloyd Brammel III, etc, and especially the backing singers, very noticeable on The Greatest Gig, etc
At the end of the gig there was political messages on the large screen, Stop Plastic in our Oceans (which I'm in 100% agreement with) as we walked out over a actual physical sea of plastic beer and water bottles ( at lol price each) .... needless to say I'll not be going again..
Agreed, also I got a dreadful chest infection after walking out across Hyde park. Was coughing up dust for days..

advertisement

Back