advertisement

Glow in the dark Quad IIs, and sounding glorious...

PXL_20211219_185356911 by Garf Arf, on Flickr

Just in case anyone is worried about the current flowing through these, especially as they look a little too glowy, they measure fine and the extra glow is down to the camera night mode and the camera picking up the IR element of the glow.

What else do you use them with (Quad 22?), I tried looking on your profile without success.

PfsbYpb.jpg

F1YHEHs.jpg

Dynaudio Excite X44
Burson Conductor V2+ DAC/pre
Schiit Vidar amp
Dual 502/Ortofon OM10 turntable
Bluesound Node 3 w/ outboard linear power supply
ProJect Phono Box S w/ linear power supply

And the piece de resistance:
PPOHHc2.jpg

The Grateful Dead Time Machine

There are actually two full systems in this room, an Active Linn Kaber system, and a basic Naim system with Ruark Talisman 2s sat proudly in front… I’m really enjoying the Naim/Ruark system!
vo7LbC0.jpg

This Kaber system will probably be dismantled and sold on!

919CIFi.jpg

My main system is in another room and has been shown in a previous thread, but here goes!

KdXg2sK.jpg

BbaZEth.jpg

k34gZvl.jpg

gXistEa.jpg

IvwDLRX.jpg

Have to ask and no offense ... are you married?

Have to ask and no offense ... are you married?
Nope, have no intention right now either.:D
I’ve been a single dad (full custody) for fourteen years, had a few girlfriends in that time but never wanted to move anyone in.

The front room with the big Linn system is a dedicated listening room, the other room is a general living room and I’ll get the Kaber system out of there when I can be bothered… it’s a bigger room than it looks too because it’s L shaped.

Nope, have no intention right now either.:D
I’ve been a single dad (full custody) for fourteen years, had a few girlfriends in that time but never wanted to move anyone in.

The front room with the big Linn system is a dedicated listening room, the other room is a general living room and I’ll get the Kaber system out of there when I can be bothered… it’s a bigger room than it looks too because it’s L shaped.
I always thought you were married to a lady by the name of Linn ? :eek: LOL !

Spec says they can do 114db continuous but I'm a considerate neighbour ;-)
I’d definitely have to put that to the test… I have the benefit of a detached house though. I have a JBL PA system capable of 130dB in my conservatory, but there wouldn’t be a conservatory left if I actually tried setting it up and pushing it there!:D

Latest - and hopefully final - iteration of my system.

PTP Solid 9 turntable with Audio Origami PU7 arm, Ortofon Windfeld Ti cartridge and Collaro Tempest mat
Rega P8 with re-wired RB2000 arm and Nagaoka MP500
Nagra HD Dac (upgraded to Tube Dac) and Nagra VPS phono stage, both powered by Nagra Classic PSU
EAR 868PL preamp
Pass Labs XA25 power amp
EAR HP4 headphone amp
Final Audio D8000 Pro headphones
Bricasti M5 streamer
EAR MC4 step up transformer
EtherRegen switch
Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers
Moon Audio Black Dragon cables throughout

IMG-6205.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

Latest - and hopefully final - iteration of my system.

PTP Solid 9 turntable with Audio Origami PU7 arm, Ortofon Windfeld Ti cartridge and Collaro Tempest mat
Rega P8 with re-wired RB2000 arm and Nagaoka MP500
Nagra HD Dac (upgraded to Tube Dac) and Nagra VPS phono stage, both powered by Nagra Classic PSU
EAR 868PL preamp
Pass Labs XA25 power amp
EAR HP4 headphone amp
Final Audio D8000 Pro headphones
Bricasti M5 streamer
EAR MC4 step up transformer
EtherRegen switch
Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers
Moon Audio Black Dragon cables throughout

IMG-6205.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg
Beautiful!