advertisement

The Brilliance of Tiny Desk Concerts - any other recommendations?

Another great one from the beginnings of Tiny Desk Concerts.

Recorded in July 2009.
Singer/songwriter Bill Callahan performed the songs "Jim Cain", "Rococo Zephyr" and "Too Many Birds" from his album "Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle" that had been released in April 2009.

Great concert by Nathan Salsburg, a folk guitarist from Louisville/Kentucky. Wonderfully intricate and melodic fingerpicking.
In his day job he is working as the curator of the Alan Lomax Archive.

The Tiny Desk Concert was recorded in 2012.
Nathan Salsburg is playing the songs "Affirmed" and "Eight Belles Dreamt the Devil Was Dead", both included on his debut album "Affirmed", released on the Philadelphia/Pennsylvania label No Quarter Records in 2011.

Charming performance by First Aid Kit from March 2012.

They are playing "New Year's Eve", "The Lion's Roar" and "Emmylou" from the then new album "The Lion's Roar".

This was the first one I ever watched. It came up as an autoplay from something else I watched. Nora Brown. I love 'The Very Day I'm Gone' at the start.

Already a few of my favourites mentioned, so here's a few more;

Other good places for live music; Jazz Night In America, Paste Magazine, KEXP etc etc

Reactions: mhv

I’ve linked this one on other threads before now, but this is great. Just impossibly good drumming.

82,591,373 views and rising. This is easily my most watched on line video - just blissful.

And a shout for the fine guitar playing as well as the drumming.

Another great one here. Typically great Tiny Desk sound too. I had no idea she was this good until I saw this.

The rather unique and great Laura Marling with a concert from July 2012.

She plays "Don't Ask Me Why" and "Sophia" from the 2011 album "A Creature I Don't Know", interspersed with an early version of "Once", which was not to be released until the 2013 album "Once I Was an Eagle".

advertisement

Back