advertisement

Beautiful Music That Reduce You To Tears

I only discovered Lorraine Hunt Lieberson recently, I've a reviewer to thank for it, he also pointed me to the El Nino album, i have a lot of John Adams Albums but not this one, it's on order so i'm looking forward to hearing it. I've had a few "moments" listening to Hunt Lieberson over Christmas.

John Adams Century Rolls always gets me, Bjork's All is Full of Love, Mica Levi's Love, Some of David Bowie's later songs, Where are we Now? brings back some memories :)

Final act of Otello with Vickers and Serafin, final moments of Peter Grimes( again Vickers), 2nd movement of Barber’s Violin Concerto with Stern and Bernstein and Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis.

The Vaughan Williams piece is amazing.

I only discovered Lorraine Hunt Lieberson recently, I've a reviewer to thank for it, he also pointed me to the El Nino album, i have a lot of John Adams Albums but not this one, it's on order so i'm looking forward to hearing it. I've had a few "moments" listening to Hunt Lieberson over Christmas.

John Adams Century Rolls always gets me, Bjork's All is Full of Love, Mica Levi's Love, Some of David Bowie's later songs, Where are we Now? brings back some memories :)
She was a wonderful singer. Sad what happened to her.

Barbra Streisand - "Children will listen", "I loves you Porgy" - stuff like that with the great orchestration behind.
Sandy Denny (Fotheringay)- "The Sea". Brilliantly prophetic.

She was a wonderful singer. Sad what happened to her.

Yes i didn't realise, she had died, I read Alex Ross's Essay about her on the Guardian website, to me her voice is very primal, human something that connects in the way she sings, I realised i have an Avedon Portrait of her, he was good at showing what he thought of people in his portraits and i think the Portrait of her shows that.

Lorraine Hunt Lieberson 2003 NYC, Richard Avedon.

49b62eb877bf83de1f52ec1a544ccc68.jpg

115723316_10158684586862188_7669603299308290953_n.jpg

Yes i didn't realise, she had died, I read Alex Ross's Essay about her on the Guardian website, to me her voice is very primal, human something that connects in the way she sings, I realised i have an Avedon Portrait of her, he was good at showing what he thought of people in his portraits and i think the Portrait of her shows that.

Lorraine Hunt Lieberson 2003 NYC, Richard Avedon.

49b62eb877bf83de1f52ec1a544ccc68.jpg

115723316_10158684586862188_7669603299308290953_n.jpg
I agree.She has a very human voice that communicates with tenderness and fragility.

I think a lot of music/sounds elicit an emotional response not necessary tears, but a sense of reverie.

Dream 8 (Late And Soon)
from Max Richter Sleep is so beautiful it's easy to get taken away and lost in it.

The Blaze's Territory gets me too, meeting a lot of young people in North Africa and being humbled by their generosity and being treated like you were a member of their family despite being a stranger.It made me realise i had freedom to travel, while they did not.

I think this very pertinent song from Billie Eilish's last album, powerful and beautiful, what an amazing talent.

Jamie XX, Gosh, not only is the video directed by Romain Gavras (Photography direction by Mattias Rudh), completely mind bending magic, but at 1.52 and especially at 3.14 when the the synthesizer comes in... i don't even have words for the way that sound makes me feel, it's like feeling everything at once, remarkable!

Just played this from my own pc and remembered the class, the delivery, the interpretation.................

advertisement

Back