advertisement

Classic flat earth setup?

Dowser

Learning to bodge again..
I made some expensive purchases a while back, just because I thought they were selling under market value;

- NAC62/NAP 90 - CHF 350.- (£284) - supposed to be working, not tested yet. Think I'll get my money back?
- LP12 with Ittok LV-II - CHF 630.- (£510) - sold as a faulty, Valhalla blown - owner sent it for repair, they ried to fix it, then sent it back as beyond economical repair. Luckily, I picked up a Valhalla for 20.- recently :D But probably best to separate arm and deck for max return?

So, should I just check them over, swap the Valhalla, and re-sell them? Or actually listen to the Ittok first? :) I have a Mission 774 on my own LP12 ('77, Sole subchassis, DIY Geddon). NAC62 has obviously been opened as case is on wrong way round, and I've actually never heard a Naim power amp. I've some Royd Sintra IIs here, reckon they'd make a great combo?

Pictures;
51710647633_950c328e45_k.jpg

51710369586_d7c246d2c2_k.jpg

51710647643_c48848db2d_k.jpg

51710369596_b50968361a_k.jpg

Happy New Year!
Richard

You need to flip the case round the right way on the 62. Chrome bumpers need to be seen. It is the law.

PS I’d top that lot off with Kan IIs.

Id love to hear Kans, not so regular to find here in Swissieland :)

So, should I just check them over, swap the Valhalla, and re-sell them? Or actually listen to the Ittok first? :)

I hadn’t noticed the prices, you got a real bargain there! Chances are the Valhalla needs nothing more than recapping which is a 20 minute job for anyone who knows which way up to hold a soldering iron. Basically you got that deck for the resale value of the Ittok alone! The Naims are a great buy too. You could likely double your money there too if they clean-up nicely. As ever buy low, sell high!

PS I’d certainly clean them up and try them, potentially a great fun 80s retro system.

the ad mention “basic cart fitted” :)

It likely was a Basik originally, both the same budget AT body, the Linn version costing more and having a worse stylus! You have an AT95E stylus fitted.

PS The thing on the platter is a ‘dinked’ 7” 45 adapter, not a record weight. Why it is there is most odd given the Valhalla can’t play 45s!

It likely was a Basik originally, both the same budget AT body, the Linn version costing more and having a worse stylus! You have an AT95E stylus fitted.

PS The thing on the platter is a ‘dinked’ 7” 45 adapter, not a record weight. Why it is there is most odd given the Valhalla can’t play 45s!

Thanks - thought it was a weight, it came with a horrible 33-44rpm Linn adaptor for the pulley :)

advertisement

Back