advertisement

Lambert Audio NewZealand

KiwiMike

Hello,
By any chance does any one remember lambert audio, were based in waihi in new zealand?
Any way i have a Subwoofer coffee table
sw120 model which as disintegrated speakers and im trying to find replacements, there 6.5" woofers.
Any ideas?
Regards
Mike

Legendary speakers in their day. I doubt you’d find replacement drivers unless you cannibalized other speakers. The surrounds are prone to foam rot & I’d expect almost all to be shot by now. If that’s the problem you have you can have them refoamed.

I recall them well. The owner, somebody Lambert, eventually moved to the US. I have some 80's mag reviews of his speakers somewhere and found the designs interesting at the time.

Got a pic you can post a pic, Mike?

Gary Lambert. Beautiful designs, still sought after. I used to know someone with a pair of floorstanders & they sounded amazing. He was firmly attached to sealed box design which was starting to become unfashionable at the time, sadly. He did produce a ported standmounter at the end, though IIRC.

RustyB of this parish repairs & rebuilds speakers; he’s in Auckland. He’d be my first choice.
http://www.audiomark.co.nz/repair.html

Axent Audio does refoams & reconing. I’m not sure where they’re based: could be Hastings.

IMG20211231121713.jpg
IMG20211231121735.jpg
IMG20211231131225.jpg

Happy new year,
The problem i have is one of the speakers was replaced some time back with a cheap response brand speaker so i need to replace both. Im trying to search the www for suitable units.

RustyB of this parish repairs & rebuilds speakers; he’s in Auckland. He’d be my first choice.

Axent Audio does refoams & reconing. I’m not sure where they’re based: could be Hastings.

Agree, Mark B does do excellent speaker repair work here in Auckand. Top notch service.
Axent are also based in Auckland, in New Lynn. I'm actually surprised not to see one of their brightly coloured service stickers on your unit.
It seems like most local gear of a certain vintage has passed through their workshop!

Sounds like @KiwiMike is after original Lambert spares & parts. Have you tried Peter Boland in Waihi?
For a long time, he was providing service for old Lambert speakers and had a pile of spares.
Although I haven't seen anything about him recently, I do know he would build his own drivers from scratch.
Please do let us know how you get on.

Sorry if this is redundant, but have you thought about repairing the foam/rubber surround yourself.?
It’s not that difficult to do with a bit of patience.
Cheers CD

advertisement

Back