advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

Thought I'd mention my favourite Folk/Acoustic release for 2021 and it hasn't been easy.
It's a toss up between Catherine Priddy with her debut album The Eternal Rocks Beneath and Karine Polwart and Dave Milligan Still as You're Sleepingg, but I think the former just shades it for me... anyone else want to share their favourite release of the year?
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

"Två Systrar" from the 2020 album Forbundet by Garmarna (Bandcamp 48/24 download). The second sister of the title is guest singer Maria Franz from Heilung. The Garmarna album count includes an album of music from the Medieval abbess, Hildegard von Bingen.

Hi Maccar,
"New Lore" by Sean Rowe is a great album but there are many more. Fascinating guy if you do a little research ( suggest you listen to some of his songs on You Tube). First heard him on the closing credits of the film " The Accountant" the song "To leave something behind" is now one of my favourite songs that I play all the time. Not heard of John Gorka but intend to search for him on your say so, will let you know what I think. Thanks for the heads up.

Have ordered a copy of Roger Fakhr's "Fine Anyway". Recorded in the '70s, very limited distribution (200 cassettes in Beirut!) then forgotten until Habibi Funk re-released it this year Really nice album
https://habibifunkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/habibi-funk-016-fine-anyway-2
Don't know this guy, would you recommend any particular album?
Just had a quick listen, reminds me of John Gorka.
Hi
Hope you got my recommendation for Sean Rowe album, Thanks for the heads up on John Gorka ...like his music a lot!
Thanks. Cnocmoy10

Hi Maccar,
"New Lore" by Sean Rowe is a great album but there are many more. Fascinating guy if you do a little research ( suggest you listen to some of his songs on You Tube). First heard him on the closing credits of the film " The Accountant" the song "To leave something behind" is now one of my favourite songs that I play all the time. Not heard of John Gorka but intend to search for him on your say so, will let you know what I think. Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks for the response, I will definitely look into him, one for the blog hopefully.

Hi Maccar,
Another one to try in similar style is Jeffrey Foucault and his album Miles from the Lightning

advertisement

Back