advertisement

Stock Market 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the markets don’t seem too bothered by omicron (yet…). I suppose they know that if things hit the fan, another wall of printed money will be created. What a mess.

Yeah, the current MO is wait for the latest scare...Buy...then wait a few weeks until people just go - Who Cares!

Bruce Springsteen selling his music catalogue to Sony is an interesting one. The stakes seem to have just keep on rising and rising in the last few years with all this and you sometimes wonder if they're paying too much...

Maybe a case of confirmation bias...they see Dylans deal being 'worth' $300m...so for the next deal, the bidders just thinks... well Bruce is worth 2x that without maybe questioning fundamentals fully.

A bit late in his career to pay so much. Are there many under 50s who care who Bruce Springsteen is?

Yes, my thoughts exactly.
Bruce has essentially said...There you go...now get your $550m back somehow as I'm sure his advisers are busy investing it elsewhere in something more diversified.

Smart move and many of these recent deals smack of too much 'cheap' money floating around the world (for now).

"Hipgnosis Song Fund" SONG will be an interesting one to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back