advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

Re: Tired
Woke up at 5am with the mother of all colds. Snuffled my way through a lateral flow test just in case. Got to be careful as Signora has a surgical procedure lined up for next week.
Was planning to write a couple of technical articles, but I think I’ll stay in the house and sniff some Vick instead.

The Daughter came over for a cuppa this morning. After a few weeks off work due to overload she is back on Respiratory H.D.U.
Daughter is struggling to get face-to-face counselling, and reports that it doesn’t work very well over the telephone.
Understandable though given C-19 that counselling is having to adjust to circumstances.
The first antidepressant medication didn’t suit her at all, but the second type of antidepressant she tried suits her better. I can recognise a difference straight away as The Daughter was in a mental health mess recently.
Also Daughter has been taken off of Night-Duty due to her medication. Good, they don’t suit her.

After chatting and listening to a few records, Daughter declared that she would like either Rooty or Remedy
(Basement Jaxx) on vinyl for Christmas… o_O
Turns out these albums haven’t been reissued, so getting a good condition copy is not easy.
Wish she had told me a decade ago…

After Daughter went, I have managed to find Rooty 2x12” Picture discs from a seller in Germany (Discogs) and as it is The Daughter, I think she is worth it. Not sure the records will get here for Christmas? Hope so.

5th mug of tea.

writing job descriptions, dealing with an emergency at work....... helping a colleague rebuild a 4PB dataset.....

the chilli con carne is gently bubbling, the odd waft of tequila, just the guacamole to prepare.

not sure what to drink with this, use to be beer or tequila, maybe a cheapo red wine, got one of those

the chilli con carne is gently bubbling, the odd waft of tequila, just the guacamole to prepare.

not sure what to drink with this, use to be beer or tequila, maybe a cheapo red wine, got one of those
Tequila in the chilli? Tell me more. I found the Aldi Fleurie goes well with CCC (dont tell EV)

Tequila in the chilli? Tell me more. I found the Aldi Fleurie goes well with CCC (dont tell EV)

standard chilli with added orange rind and juice, lots of toms and the tequila. used 80mil of tequila in a chilli for 3 people.

not overly hot, only one dried arbol, gives a nice warm effect. first time we have used veggie mince, so not sure how this will turn out after a couple of hours on the hob.

beer then. I like Arbol chilli's - we use about 10 different types of chilli in ours. Never put tequila in it though - might try that next time

The Daughter came over for a cuppa this morning. After a few weeks off work due to overload she is back on Respiratory H.D.U.
Daughter is struggling to get face-to-face counselling, and reports that it doesn’t work very well over the telephone.
Understandable though given C-19 that counselling is having to adjust to circumstances.
The first antidepressant medication didn’t suit her at all, but the second type of antidepressant she tried suits her better. I can recognise a difference straight away as The Daughter was in a mental health mess recently.
Also Daughter has been taken off of Night-Duty due to her medication. Good, they don’t suit her.

After chatting and listening to a few records, Daughter declared that she would like either Rooty or Remedy
(Basement Jaxx) on vinyl for Christmas… o_O
Turns out these albums haven’t been reissued, so getting a good condition copy is not easy.
Wish she had told me a decade ago…

After Daughter went, I have managed to find Rooty 2x12” Picture discs from a seller in Germany (Discogs) and as it is The Daughter, I think she is worth it. Not sure the records will get here for Christmas? Hope so.

5th mug of tea.

Totally appalling she cant get counselling , i hope a few NHS execs are reading this . i see the RCN only do telephone appointments and next appointment is not for 4-6 weeks . thats NOT acceptable at all

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-help/member-support-services/counselling-service

at B&Q for more shelving for a garage

lovely walk in local woods and playing with those speakers i have just put a thread in audio

Fuc*ing nutter on the train tonight not wearing a mask.As we were getting off says to my wife
" what are you looking at". Ignored him.Went to car
park ,he pulled out and sat behind us.I waited more than five minutes before he left.Fuc*kin idiot.

Fuc*ing nutter on the train tonight not wearing a mask.As we were getting off says to my wife
" what are you looking at". Ignored him.Went to car
park ,he pulled out and sat behind us.I waited more than five minutes before he left.Fuc*kin idiot.

That is horrible! There are way too many jerks in the world, and avoiding all of them is impossible.

Too bad you weren’t driving a Bond edition Aston Martin. Nobody would have blamed you for using one the more esoteric dashboard switches. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back