advertisement

Aleggra Stratton in tears

Further expended meat shields will be tossed out into Downing St this week. Keep lying, Protect the Tories, Save Boris.

I'm afraid not. Labour and LibDems will poll more votes between them, but a Tory will be returned as a result. It's the way it works.

The thing is that however you look at this it is bad. If Johnson knew about the 'party' he has been lying all week. If it is true that he had been repeatedly re-assured it hadn't happened what does that tell you about the culture in No 10?

Having spent a career working with senior leadership teams I can't think of a worse offence than lying to your leader in a way that will totally expose them. So regardless its a mess and the latter explanation is far worse than the former.

Lying and trying to tough it out was a stupid mistake but leading an organisation at the heart of government in which your senior people will lie to you is very dangerous for us all.

The thing is that however you look at this it is bad. If Johnson knew about the 'party' he has been lying all week. If it is true that he had been repeatedly re-assured it hadn't happened what does that tell you about the culture in No 10?

Lying is what Johnson does. He was sacked from two previous jobs for lying. Countless lies were exposed when he was Mayor of That London. It was never anything but common knowledge that he is a liar and a bullshitter. As such one can only assume it is exactly what those who vote for him want him to do. See also his kindred spirit Trump in America. Lying about everything all of the time is the current right-wing strategy. Truth no longer matters in this demographic at all.

Probably Johnson asked the question or was given an answer in a way that through some obscure technicality allowed him to claim he was speaking the truth (like Bill Clinton's not having had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky). Though maybe he doesn't require such subtleties and is simply a bald-faced liar.

The public outrage exceeds anything over at least the last 50 years, so there is real hope it will bring him down I think.

There were many people up for her job that were far better qualified, she got it as she was a friend of Carrie's. I hope this marks the end of useless posh horsey women being given jobs beyond their capabilities by this evil bunch of ****ers, but I doubt it.

The public outrage exceeds anything over at least the last 50 years, so there is real hope it will bring him down I think.

Not so sure. We took to the streets en-masse against the Poll Tax and Iraq war. If there was any logic Conservative Party infrastructure would be on fire right now, but people are largely just taking the piss out of them on the internet. If corrupt MP Owen Paterson’s safe seat falls next week I may start to believe that some change is possibly afoot, but the likelihood is crooked lying Tories will get away with being crooked lying Tories for a long, long time yet. We simply lack the tools to remove them and force a general election.

I'm afraid not. Labour and LibDems will poll more votes between them, but a Tory will be returned as a result. It's the way it works.
Yes, having a tory poodle party hoodwinking people into taking votes from Labour helps the genuine article into govt. The demise and total disappearance of the LibDems would be a good thing for the UK, imo. One tory party is enough.

Yes, having a tory poodle party hoodwinking people into taking votes from Labour helps the genuine article into govt. The demise and total disappearance of the LibDems would be a good thing for the UK, imo. One tory party is enough.

Looks very likely the LDs will beat Labour in this by-election, there is a suggestion they may even take it. As such shouldn’t Labour stand down?

Looks very likely the LDs will beat Labour in this by-election, there is a suggestion they may even take it. As such shouldn’t Labour stand down?
Why? The LibDems are simply tories in a weak disguise. If you don’t want tories to be in govt Labour has to carry on.

Why? The LibDems are simply tories in a weak disguise. If you don’t want tories to be in govt Labour has to carry on.

Ignoring the endless sealioning/trolling, no, they aren’t. They very consistently vote against authoritarian and war-mongering measures Labour vote for or abstain from, they unambiguously stood against the right-wing Brexit project, and even though they failed to hold an exponentially more powerful Tory government to ransom they believe in PR and have it as a manifesto pledge. I’d take them over Labour every day of the week.

advertisement

Back